Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

i slipped

17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i know i was stupid but i had one last night at the bar so know i am planning a way to avod that next time but i am definintly no going back to smoking no way it feels to good not smoking what was i thinking ? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $86.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Loves2sfish, i did the same last week. Twice. And it felt really bad... Just keep going. Forget it and continue with the good work.It's so much better without it.... just came in office.... good morning to you all!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
loves2fish, I'm sorry that happened and I'm sorry that you had that problem. It is evidently so common that slips happen while drinking! I'm so glad I've never drank. But now, what you need to do is pull it back in, get up your gettie up, and get ready for some craves. When I slipped it was tougher after that. It's like you body begged and you gave it what it wants so now it will beg even harder. You need to be really strong. Anyways, definatly post before you smoke, and make the committment that you will always do so. That way if you are in a bar or something and you want to smoke, you can't smoke anyways because you can't post. Then when you get home and you can post, the urge will have passed. We are all here for you. Don't do all that damage to your body by smoking. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$74,957.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 18

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Loves2fish, You've experienced a slip, take this experience and learn from it! You've still have 19 smoke free days under your belt, keep going! Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Get back up and keep going! Now you know that will be a problem, you can be prepared! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,015 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
forget it and move on! You CAN do this! You rock! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi loves2fish I avoid pubs/bars/parties and so on for the first 2 weeks, when I feel confident I will srtart my social life. If you had only one slipped, dont worry and keep going we can do this together Beto [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 65 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
loves2fish, Time and time again we see people who relapse when they drink. Drinking and quitting smoking in the early stages don't mix. I think you figured this out. Use your experience to protect yourself from failure. Your quit has to mean more than anything if you want to keep it. Keep going. Smoking will kill you so don't do it anymore :) One more thing, Always post [B]BEFORE[/b] you smoke! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 368 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Loves2fish, I did the exact same thing 133 days into my quit (250 days ago). Quitting and drinking early in a quit often don't go well together. Please read [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=25754&forum=1]Quitting and Drinking[/url] for some tips on how to stay smoke free while at a bar. The key is to not drink very much and only go with non-smokers for a while until you feel comfortable going to a bar and not smoking. It CAN be done, but not usually without lots of preparation and waiting a while until you are comfortable in your quit. I'm glad you're getting back at your quit. You CAN do this! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 250 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,261 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1032.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: