Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Day three jitters

17 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you jeanigirl! I think the best advice I've gotten from this site is STAY ON THIS SITE. As long as I sit here and read, and vent, and relate, those are minutes ticking by that I am not smoking. I'm looking at each minute as one closer to not ever having to feel this way again. Almost like, "ok - good - got that one out of the way". I've had a few very tough days in the past week, and each time I've come to this site to help me get through. Hope it will do the same for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, Yes day three. I decided to go cold turkey, i think my bigger battle is in my head. I have the jitters, its worst in the a.m and in the evening.(i decreased my coffee) I am keeping busy,as much has i keep reinforcing positive thoughts that nicodemon is playing dirty, when will my mind find some peace and quiet, is it normal, how long does the mind battle go on. all the best, jeanigirl.
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks all for needed imput, im keeping busy....both mind and body i keep checking in because my only strength is reading the posts and how you all protect and cherish your quits, and it can be done that is my focus... thanks jeanigirl
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote]how long does the mind battle go on[/quote] This differs for everyone I would imagine. In my opinion a lot of 'how long does the battle go on' has to do with your outlook/perspective/attitude. I've been quit a month. I very rarely have 'mind battles' anymore. I probably thought of smoking approx. 3 times yesterday. I dismissed those thoughts in a matter of 1 to 5 minutes. I get more frustrated facing emotions now more than anything else. And I know smoking will solve nothing. Smoking just creates more problems. The mind battle does not last forever. There is light at the end of the tunnel. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 919 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 19

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jeanigirl - A fellow cold turkey quitter here too. Hold on tight to yourself and protect your Quit with everything you have... Fight the battle one moment at a time, dear one. The nicodemon is on one side, remember that you are on the other. Keep that picture of this battle crystal clear in your mind and in your soul. Stay focused on your Quit and when it feels like that junkie talk is getting too tough to fight, find something to lose yourself in...sleep, paint a wall, clean the grout in the bathtub. Anything that will take you away for a while... You can do this! One moment at a time. Blessings and Light- Healer[url=[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/nosmoking.gif[/IMG]][IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/nosmoking.gif[/IMG][/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,449 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeanigirl... You are in the middle of hell week and it sounds like you are doing great. I'm a fellow cold turkey quitter as well. I know how difficult that first week can be. You feel as if you are going to lose your mind. Take some really deep breaths, drink a lot of icewater, and keep your mind as occupied as you possibly can. Unfortunately, quitting smoking and getting over the withdrawal affects do not happen over night. It is a process and you can only move through it one step at a time. The best I can tell you is that, as long as you don't smoke, it will get better. Kick, scream, cry, break dishes, punch a pillow, whatever it takes, just don't smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 345 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,910 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1207.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Jeanigirl. I didn't quit cold turkey, I wussed out and used Wellbutrin, but my third day was the worst of them all. I was just totally bonkers. Frustrated, tired, angry, and annoyed at feeling frustrated, tired, and angry. Distraction is the key right now. Don't focus on how bad you feel, try to focus on anything else. A reward is due, too. You're through the detox period (since you are cold turkey) and that's something to celebrate. Go do something nice for you. You've earned it. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 384 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1459.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeani, I know this isn't easy! Take the time to prepare for those craves and you will fair well :) Use coping mechanisms and avoidance to stand strong in this fight. Remember to reward yourself and let us know how we can help. Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: