Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Day 3 and I have gone to Hell

18 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The cravings are controllable via Cinnamon Hard Candy and the Commit Lozenges......but..... Last night I had the worse night in my 3 days so far of very restful sleep. I kept waking up every 30 min and then finally jerked away at around 3am and could not for the life of me return to sleep. So I got up and been up ever since (7 hours later and still have to put in a full day at the office). I know that restfulness comes with the territory with this quitting, but if this happens again tonight, this will not make me happy at all. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there! This won't last forever! I know it is hard to function with almost no sleep but you have to ride these things out to beat this addiction! Try a tylenol pm at night, it may help! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 489 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jdtigg, Great Job on your committment! Hang in there you will get through this. Day 2 and 3 were rough for me but day 4 was great. Drink lots of decaff. fluids and take walks or whatever it is that you enjoy doing. I have been walking for awhile so for the first two days I decided to do a slow jog and let me tell I sure did sleep those nights!lol I cut down some straws and I think I am chewing the enamel right off my teeth but its helping. On top of it I think I have the cleanest house on the block. I played some volleyball with my family and I almost forgot how good I was, had a great time. It does get easier, I know I did quit before for 3yrs and eventually you dont even think about those awfull cig. As a matter of fact when you see a smoker you are so thankful you quit. Hang in there. Your friend Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 55 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$166,376.28

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6013 Hours: 23

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear JD - I too went through the not sleeping and it was making me crazy! After about the 3rd day I decided to take one Tylenol PM - It worked like a charm and I didn't feel groggy when I woke up in the morning. Take it about 30 minutes before you want to go to sleep. Don't watch tv in bed prior to going to sleep - just use the bedroom for sleep. Just jump in, turn off the lights - practice relaxing your toes, ankles, calves, etc. until you get to the top of your head - breathing deep hold it for 5 seconds then breathe out of your mouth. This will help relax you. Then hopefully it will be nighty night for you. It's hard enough to not smoke much less not sleep. So take care of yourself and pop one before you go to bed. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $214 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$1,704,675.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5865 Hours: 14

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hang in there...this will get better...you may not be able to sleep, but smoking will not make that situation any better...only an illusion. i think there may be some over the counter meds to help you sleep...plus working out does the trick for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey jdtigg - Hang in there. Talk to your doctor if you need to they can help. Tell them what you're doing and what's bothering you, not sleeping for example. They can help. Don't smoke - that's not the solution. Don't give back what you've gained. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,284 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $790.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$100,007.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9159 Hours: 4

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jtdigg, please realize that although you have done a great job at going through three days of not smoking, your battle is not over yet. Your body is going through withdrawal from a powerful drug. It takes time to get through the process. Try to see your symptoms as a positive thing -- as the toxins leave your body, you are getting healthier and healthier. Hang in there! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 542 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1897 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$55,265.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 652 Hours: 15

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jdtigg, When you first quit or cut down, you may find it difficult to sleep as long as you used to. Two things can cause this are: 1) As a smoker your sleep may have been interrupted by constant coughing and/or difficulty breathing. When you stop smoking, your body gets healthier and the sleep you get is more restful. So if you wake up suddenly at 5:00 a.m., you may think you are a victim of insomnia. You're probably not! Your body has probably had all the sleep it needs. 2) Smoking drains your body's energy. When you quit smoking you regain this energy. You may need fewer hours of sleep. How long will this last? The first few weeks after quitting. [u]Tips to help:[/u] Try making sure you have a regular sleeping schedule. If you wake up in the middle of the night do some light stretches, or read a book to help you get to sleep. If you have a symptom that persists or seems worse than you expected, you should immediately consult a doctor. It�s possible that your smoking has been masking symptoms of some illness, and when you stop smoking the symptoms abruptly become noticeable. Hope this helps :) Melanie _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: