Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,723 Members

Please welcome our newest members: hlc0617, Reyanna, CeCe2128, Ktktindy1, Julesy

Still here barely

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still here, have only gone up town once in 20 days. Still having thhe cravings from hell, even after 13 days. Thought those were supposed to go away after nicotene was out of my body.
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok yall :) I pretty much have figured that if the stores weren't 12 miles away from me, i wouldn't have made it this long. Part of the problem too is i get that munchie feeling in my throat and chest area along with a cotton mouth. wierd huh. The main troubling thing right now for me is this CRS ia m suffering from. I am forgetting my meds, what day it is, I forgot where i was up town the othr day, took me 5 min to remmeber where i was and where i was supposed to be going. Concentration is at a absolute zero point now. Hopefully this goes away soon!
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
keep it up! You can do this, just believe in yourself! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 428 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Steve, I agree with what everyone said here. Unfortunately, the thoughts of smoking do not go away as quickly as the actual nicotene withdrawl. However, you can control it. It will still come, but if you control it, it doesn't last. I actually talked to myself. I had major debates with Nicodemon. That is how I got through being so strong. I knew I was stronger than him. I knew what I had done, and I decided to take my life back. I will no longer be under his control. I put on the boxing gloves, and decided to knock him out. One punch at a time. It does get easier. But it takes time. Make sure you are rewarding yourself. And make sure you remember the things that have changed for the better since you quit. This is a great time to start anew. Give yourself the love and tenderness that you need. Be gentle with yourself. Realize that you used to smoke, yes, but you do not anymore. The cravings are just in your mind ~ the habit part of your smoking. Break it by controling your thoughts, or by talking to the demon head on. You can do this!!! ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,774 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You might be creating the cravings you think you're still having. Remember: Your thoughts are your creation & you [i]can change them![/i] If you start to have a thought that you don't particularly like, Change Your Mind. Simple as that. If you start to think you're craving, hop on here and change the subject. If you wallow in it, it will eat you up. Believe me, I let it chew on me for almost a month until I realized the Nico-monster only had control as long as I LET HIM! Cold Turkeys love positive-thinking! Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 278 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Steve... In the beginning we all wish the withdrawal symptons would go away over night but it just doesn't work that way. Think about it this way, you smoked for many years. The effects of that are not going to vanish in just a few days. Hang in there though because they do go away and you will be so glad you stuck it out. Look at your quit as a choice. You choose not to smoke. Instead of saying "I can't smoke" say "I don't want to smoke". Take deep breaths, drink ice water and hang on tight. It's an emotional rollercoaster but you can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 339 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,789 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1186.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: