Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,103 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n

Took the journey

18 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jnine lots of luck to you I did not prepare for my quit.. I just got mad at myself, put on a patch, then started looking for support. This sight has been great.. Mr. Coffee & I sit at the computer a.m. and late p.m. just to get through another day. My husband is still smoking outside!! His cigs. locked in his car at my request. He will quit in his own time, I HOPE. All I can worry about right now is my quit. I actually had my first grown-up drink and did not smoke.. I may survive!! mon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i totally relate. all i have been talking about is how my fiance still smokes. i got him to stop smoking in the house, but now he's outside alot. however, he has seen my progress and that i am not hacking around like he does, and he has started cutting back. he told me that i was setting an example that it can be done and that impressed him. so don't give up, you might be an inspiration. if he continues, that's his choice and his health probs to deal with. i love my man too, but if they can't figure it out, we can't let them hold us back! stay focused and healthy. you are not alone. jane ;)
  • Quit Meter

$17,528.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 315 Hours: 21

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4my2girls, oh how I know what you mean. It got so lonley with him outside all the time. I have been smoking again for about a year. I am coughing all morning again and feeling like crap. So this is why I really need to quit. I didn't cough, didn't get sick as often hardly ever, and i could take deep breaths . I am so going to try my hardest. Jnine
  • Quit Meter

$222,109.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5948 Hours: 6

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

thanks jane, He supports me great and keeps me going with notes around the house and everything. But it would be so much nicer if he quit with me. I have talked untill I'm blue in the face. But believe me this time I won't have not even 1 puff. Because there is no such thing as only 1. Jnine
  • Quit Meter

$222,109.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I am getting ready for my quit. I will quit on July 5th. I have been lurking around and printing posts to use as tools. I really want this to be my final quit. I wish my husband would quit with me,it is so hard when he still smokes. It seems like we are never together he is out smoking and I am trying not to smoke. jnine
  • Quit Meter

$222,109.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow 4my2girls, I just have to commend you. My hat is off to you. I don't think I could be so understanding of my husband. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 614 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$54,673.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5974 Hours: 20

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I am glad your going at it again! You must keep trying until the battle is won, by you! I believe in you and know that you can do this!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh how I can relate!! My hubby and I quit together. It was his idea. I just went along with it, for him. But that quickly changed. I grew into my quit. I accepted and embraced it, and now, here I am. My hubby unfortunately, did not make it past 3 weeks before he put Nic back into his body. Now, he can't find his willpower to kick him out again. He will, but on his own time. I found out the hard way how resentful I became. I posted here because I didn't realize how harmful my feelings could be. I still have a hard time dealing with the fact that I am inside this house catering to my 2 young kids, after a hard long day, and he is outside, in the garage with our neighbors, drinking beer and smoking, and socializing. I wish he could spend time with us inside. But he can't. When I smoked, I was outside with him as well. But now, I can only manage a few minutes outside with them, and I come back in. But I still get upset that I am still working by myself and he is outside having a good time...................... Anyhow, I have to stop thinking that way. Each persons quit is his own. You have to own your own quit. Stand firm in your quit, and let your quit be an inspiration to your hubby. Show him that you CAN do it. And remember how damanging smoking is to your body. Know that you will be changing that. You will be taking back your life. Just making the commitment on July 5th is a step. And that is how we all got here. One step at a time. One foot in front of the other. ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,654 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $287.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jnine - My husband caved on the first day of his quit. It was very disappointing to me but we all have to own our own quit. I have taken some drastic measures - he has to smoke out in the yard, he can't smoke around the animals (second hand smoke gets in their fur and they lick it - cancer in animals). It wasn't fun at first and I still miss sitting on the porch with him after work and smoking. But now he can't smoke on the porch - new house rules. So here I am at 101 days - living and loving life as a non-smoker and he is still hacking away in the mornings when he gets up. So sad. You can do this - you are a strong person who can own their quit. Don't let your husband's inability to overcome this addiction affect your own quit. Take Care Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$1,708,537.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5878 Hours: 22

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jnine, congratulations on your decision to quit it will not be easy but it can be done. Please work through the tools to the left and stay close to this site read and post and breath you can do it! I also have a husband who refuses to quit smoking. He is outside and I am inside he has started making some changes for me. I don't know if he will quit but he has made my quit easier. good luck to you as you approach your quit day! Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 150 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $555 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12

Reading this thread: