Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,642 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JARCA, JCONOPIO, SBUENVIAJE, RSUNGA, FJANA MARJORIE

Later in the day

18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know I already wrote and said how great I was doing, but I feel so wierd right now. I feel agitated, I have a headache and I keep thinking about cigarettes. I am arguing w/ myself in my head (which is probably why I have a headache!). I know I am addicted to cigarettes. I know if I have one; it will lead me to three and ten and the next thing I will be smoking full-time again. I don't want to do it, but sometimes the self-talk stuff just aggravates my need for a cigarette. Do you have any advice? I can't go for a walk, becuz I'm at work and am chained to my desk (front desk of hotel) until quitting time @ 3pm. I've had gum, my jaw hurts. I seem mad, don't I? I don't mean to be. :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I was exactly the same in day two - I kept trying to convince myself that it was the wrong time for me to quit - I'm going on holiday in 10 weeks, where will I hid my patches when I'm sunbathing? I will be able to buy duty free cigs so may as well quit after I have bought them? I even said to myself on day three, I love cigs, they love me and we are happy together! Silly really as I do want to quit but I was just looking for an excuse not to and then I would have a reason to go and buy them. I'm not going into my ninth day and I'm glad I ignored the voice in my head, I just take it day by day and if the voice comes back I do something different - get up from my desk and go to the lady's room, go and get a drink - anything to get away from the voice Joanne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep strong, take deep breaths, walk. Don't give in. THIS IS JUST A TEST!!! Be happy, smile, life is good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,583 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again! Headache, agitated, constant thoughts of cigs. Yep, you sound right on track for the first day. Take deep breaths, drink lots of water, and don't bother with self-talk if it aggravates. If you can get someone to go to the restaurant or bar (I assume the hotel has one) for you, get some straws or plastic coffee stirrers. Straws are the best because you can cut them to cig length, fold up one end and "smoke" it like a cig. Toothpicks work, too. Distraction is also a good coping method. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself? I don't know how much leeway you have at work, but reading, computer games, crossword puzzles come to mind. Hang in there, Sallys_daughter. You'll get through this. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 353 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,073 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1341.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: