Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Quick hello

9 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you are taking time to heal lemontwist.

That reward sounds nice

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey LT,
 Great news on your surgery. I'm glad things went well.Even greater news is that you're still on your quit. Almost half a year already, awesome!  Make sure you get a nice leather coat too, you deserve it. 
  • Quit Meter

$23,002.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 765 Hours: 9

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The surgery went well, but I'm definitely not walking as well as I was expecting to afterward. Anyway, I'm not using crutches so I can't really complain. Surgery always puts me out of sorts for a while. Trying to ease back into everything now, and fortunately I'm taking some sick time from work so I can do it without any additional stress.

No desire to smoke whatsoever, and I'm coming up on 6 months. My reward is going to be a leather jacket, so I suppose it's time to schedule a shopping trip at some point soon! 
9 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How did it go Lemontwist?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey LT!!!

I am wishing you well on your "visit"!!  I hope that it takes care of the pain you are experiencing!  I had ankle surgery a little over 5 years ago and due to an infection, it took 6 months for the incision to heal.  Although my ankle will never be the same, the constant pain I had before surgery is gone.  I still have soreness and it turns/rolls VERY easily, so I really have to watch what I'm doing and where I'm stepping!    So, I do understand what you are going through and REALLY hope that removing the hardware does the trick for you!!!

Hang in there and think Positive!!!    Everything will be all right!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,010.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1053 Hours: 6

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey lady,

Sounds like you are holding up well against the stress. Just remember, if you can get through this without smoking, you can probably get through just about anything else that life throws at you. Hang in there!
  • Quit Meter

$22,366.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 597 Hours: 20

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I've got a hot date coming up on April 10th with my orthopedist to have another round of surgery on my ankle. This time he's going to remove the plate and five screws that went in 7 months ago when I fractured my ankle. They're causing me a lot of pain which is limiting my ability to exercise at the moment. (It didn't keep me from spending 2 of the last 3 days skiing at Vail, but I'm definitely paying for it now.)

I'm not really that scared this time, because I know what I'm getting in to and I know I'll be able to walk out of the hospital (unlike last time where I was on crutches for 6 weeks). However, I definitely still have some anxiety and post-traumatic stress issues with my ankle, as thinking about it tends to make me feel sick to my stomach and really anxious... Thinking about that coupled with spending the day in airports today on my way home from Colorado, I'm really giving myself a ton of credit for not smoking. (Out of two relapses one was at a train station and one was at an airport. And whenever I've slipped and bummed a smoke, it's been at an airport.) 

I really can't wait to have some closure on this injury of mine, and get back to my healthy coping mechanisms. It's been a truly difficult winter for me, without having ANY outlet for my anxiety. I'm also looking forward to seeing a psychiatrist soon to hopefully get my depression under control. I don't like to blame my cravings on being depressed and anxious constantly, but they certainly haven't been helping me out much!!!
10 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is a great clip! I always love it when I find lemon twist references... I was Googling it the other day and found this dive bar in Anaheim, which I hope is still open if I ever find myself in Anaheim again (http://www.yelp.com/biz/lemon-twist-lounge-anaheim)... I hate dive bars but I'd go just to say I went. :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've been able to do some moderate biking and walking, but not without pain, so I'm basically just counting down the days until I have a date scheduled for another round of surgery... hopefully the last. My long term goal is to be running, outdoors, in above-freezing temperatures, with a healthy ankle and lungs. :)
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again lemontwist,

For some reason, I looked at your name and thought of this movie clip tonight. Hope it amuses you.... 

• Quit Meter

$22,366.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 597 Hours: 20

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey LT,
 Glad to see that you're still hanging in there.  Now that you look back, those 5 months seemed to have went by pretty quick didn't they? I'm coming up on my 5 months this Saturday and I can't believe how fast it's been. Life sure is better being smoke free!!!
Stay committed to your quit... 
  • Quit Meter

$23,002.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 765 Hours: 9

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked