Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Friends of SSC - Facebook Group

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Eyja!!!

LOL!!  I like that... Masons!  The group was started by Mr. Ed 5 or 6 years ago as a place for members to go to post about things other than smoking related issues, as well as a place to go for additional support.  He set it up as a closed group so members would feel free to discuss things among group members only.  You do have to request to join, though, and provide your SSC name.  Everyone's welcome as long as they are a member of the SSC.  There are quite a few members who check for posts daily and are always willing to provide words of support and advice!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 21

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've often noticed people posting about the 'Friends of SSC' Facebook page, but didn't come across it with a quick search on line - so figured it was an exclusive club that needed a 'members only' invite and/or specific password to join.  I thought it was like the Masons or something, LOL.  Thanks for posting that info for anyone interested in that venue : ) 

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Remember to like the Official SSC page by clicking "like" at the top of the page.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jim , I  havent been here forever, but had to come over and check things out , as reflect on all those years ago when i smoked, ive been sick with Bronchitis and was sitting in my big chair all wrapped up in my blankie last night thinking about those crazy days when i was that sick and STILL going out side in that blanket smoking, OMG i dont know how i did it, OH yea i do iam an addict  LOL proud to be smoke free now for over 10 years.
 Congratulations to anyone who is trying to quit, its so worth the struggles and the Journey can lead to a new you :) 
By the way,

Joining the group is free and easy to do and everyone is welcome!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Everyone,

It's been a while since anything has been mentioned about the Friends of the Stop Smoking Center Facebook Group.  The group was started a few years ago for members to obtain additional support from fellow group members and to have a place to discuss other things that might not fit into the categories here on the Forums.  The group is a closed group, meaning that you must request to be a member.  Since it is a closed group, comments posted there remain there and do not show up on your home page and will not be seen anywhere else on Facebook.  If you are interested in joining the group, just do a search on Facebook for Friends of SSC and request to become a member.  In your request for admittance, please provide your SSC "name".   Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.  You can private message me if you would like.

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked