Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Ron Hall of Fame winner for April

11 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations fellow quitter( on the 17th)! Sorry I missed this Ron! Thanks for all your support to everyone here!
All the best!
Cameless
11 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Eyja,
You really made my day with your last post.  That comment made me realize that even if one person is impacted by your support it's all worth it.  Thank You.
Pen-Thanks for your support, it means a lot coming from such a veteran like yourself.
Lolly- I've enjoyed following your quit and heath story.  You have made such an impact to many on this site.
Sonia- !!!!!!
Wow it's May already....That went by fast:)  RON
11 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron,

Congrats on your HOF win!

Sonia
11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Ron,

I don't know how I missed this!  Congratulations and welcome to the HOF........well deserved!

Love Lolly.  
11 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Many congatulations Ron; a thoroughly deserved acknowledgement of your quit and your continued support here!!!

(Sorry I'm late but it is still April!!)

All The Best
Penitent
  • Quit Meter

$56,639.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1121 Hours: 19

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ron!
I was so excited to read your HOF story and I'm glad you finally posted it! Wasn't sure how many nominations (and !cheers! sent your way) it was going to take until you got around to submitting your inspiring quit history : )  With nearly 4 yrs into this quit, you deserve to have your name up in lights and a big  HOF Cheer and nice cold HOF beer to sip on.  I hope when you kick back to enjoy it, you are reminded how proud we are of you for sharing your story and your many great posts and support with us here at SSC : )     Cheers bud : )    
Eyja
12 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woops I forgot to give thanks to one of my favorite quit buddies Eyja.  Want to say thanks for all your notes of encouragement to me since you have been on this site.  Your interest in my posts and questions on why I was not in the HOF led me to take some action and submit a story.  Thank you for that!  Ron
12 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow... Thanks Ashley, Willis, Jim and Brenda all for the kind remarks.  Glad to be entered into this months HOF, I really feel honored to be recognized for my little story.  It's been a while since I have quit the darn cigarettes, but I still think back to that first day I came on here asking for help from all of you. It feels like yesterday and yet it also seems a little far away. I do know that  quitting was one of the best decisions I could have made for myself.  It took courage and determination! But with the help of all of you, and by following the program here at SSC, and of course my mantra of NOPE, I have succeeded at keeping the Nicodemon away.  I know at first I really didn't know how I'd do it and when those cravs were ever going to go away.  I know I asked lots of questions here and had some great help thanks to all of you.    Now that I have some time behind my belt I can see that it does get easier with time.  Since I've quit I've used all that "money saved" to travel to exotic places, learn other hobbies, and just try new things of interest.  One of the best benefits is to hang out with my family and give them all my attention and to enjoy the moment.  I appreciate the world more since  I've quit and I seem to have more time to see it's beauty.  Things that used to really bother me don't  as much anymore.  I've learned to appreciate how much I have and that is something I didn't know before June 17th, 2008.  I hope others can read my story and have hope they can do the same.  Again thanks to all the members who have supported me over the years.  I will first celebrate tonight with a nice cold beer in hand, and I'm sure I'll think up other wonderful rewards down the road...
CHEERS!
RON 
12 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations!
12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ron!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the HOF!!!  Your prepared yourself well for your quit and your freedom!  You are definitely a member deserving of this award!  Thanks for your contributions!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,167.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1057 Hours: 1

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked