Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

My first glass of wine since I quit

13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you for passing the test!

Your know your triggers and you can prepare for them or avoid them!

We are here to support you in any way we can!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aloha,

I have no intention to quit the pills earlier than 12 weeks, and I might continue upto 6 months if it will help my quit get stronger.
But the last couple of days there was no nausea, and I thought maybe it is better to take a single pill.
Of course I don't want to do anything risking the quit, it is my main priority now.
Thanks for your nice words! I never thought of myself quit for 6 months until I read your post
It sounds scary when you think about it all of a sudden, but now that I think about it, I just have to do what I've been doing

Friday I will be 1 week smoke free and I will buy myself a treadmill. (maybe I should call it a punishment, )
And if I can continue the first month smoke free with no weight gain, I have to decide on a huge reward!

Off to dream now!

13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marbles, so glad to see you're back on track. All the research about champix shows that following the full 12 week program is most successful. You might want to read that thread about weaning off chantix and/or reading the literature that comes with the medication. It spells it all out there. Why mess with something that works, right? Especially if it is your deep desire to be smoke free once and for all. I found that if I missed a dose or two my cravings increased, and that when I was about to be done with the chantix and was weaning off, there were times the cravings, or physical memories of smoking, increased. I'd love to see you 1, 2, 6 months quit. Please give yourself the best chance possible....and dont forget to reward yourself as you move along. One week coming up, right?
-aloha 
13 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Had my first glass of wine last night.
And I left that table with no cravings
I was trying to avoid alcohol, but thought I will be fine last night and I was!
There was noone smoking around, so it helped of course.
When I reached home a huge craving hit though, biggest one I had so far, so I will try to stay away from alcohol as much as I can, at least the first few months. No need to push it, right?

I didn't have the evening dose of the pills for 3 nights (only because I forgot to take it 2 nights in a row), so maybe it has something to do with the craving.

Is it too early to reduce the dose?

Reading this thread: