Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,480 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

3rd Bonfire

13 years ago 0 136 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky and all, now that school's out for the term, I'm definitely in need of the bonfire to toss in all the anxiety and pressure, frustrations and sadness from seeing a few school friends graduate and leave.

I'm going to bring some leek and potato soup and some brownies. And dry skin too! Even in Florida, we're having to run the heat and it does our skin no good!

Rusty
13 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok....I'm coming!  I'll bring some bowls of homemade beef and barley soup!  I will throw in awkward moments at work functions, self doubt, and not always saying the right thing!  Oh and I want to throw in what Alice is throwing in....dry skin!  My skin took a hit this winter so far but I know the longer I am smoke free the better my skin will get.  Oh and I guess I'll throw in a little impatience, I don't really need that anymore.

Nice and cozy around this fire this weekend!
13 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will throw my misplaced anger in to the fire and some of my scrooge like coworkers.  I will aslo be bringing brats, italian sausage, and NA beer.
Kaiser
13 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am bringing all those ppl to throw in the fire who dont believe in u when u quit smoking. U wont be able to do this, its impossible to quit, u will start again blah blah blah.

Also i am bringing all the weight that i have started gaining after quitting, all the anxiety, sadness and boredom to keep the fire going on.

This bonfire is turning out to be so much fun. All the food, music, dance, coziness due to the fire and look who's dancing. It's Alice

Yasir. 

13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This fire is a roaring (must be that ex-husband)! Loving the music, the dancing, and the food

I'll keep the fire going:  throwing in an unorganized house, nightmares, dry skin from the cold weather, bruises on my hips from hula hooping, and shin splints.

I will bring a thermos of hot chocolate and some marshmallows

~Alice 

13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex-husband and a bad judge do make for a great fire (evil laugh).   Alice you have this fire roaring, I have to step back so I don't get burnt   I love Cher!!  

So guys, where are the others???  There have been lookers, but no takers   Come on you "quitters"  throw something into the fire and then relax and enjoy the fire.

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I will bring my dancing to this bon fire! I want to rock out to Cher!

I will bring some graham crackers, chocolate and marshmellows! Every bonfire needs some smores!

I will bring a classic holiday CD. I love the music this time of year!

Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 312 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm with Alice...so ready for this bonfire .

I will just bring some weiners and buns, with sticks of course, maybe some of those big marshmallows .

I will be throwing in the fire, my son's cigarettes and lighter, that should start a good explosion (in more ways than one. )

Can I throw in an ex-husband, yeah I think I will throw in an ex-husband, a judge and an extremely bad mood. .

I will be bringing my Cher cd's and my 80's disco cd's, and I would be bringing the cd of the soundtrack of Burlesque (sp?) if I could find it (great movie). So expect some groovy dancing around that fire pit .

Charm

Freedom Meter

Smoke-Free Days: 62
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,257
Amount Saved: $229.40
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 18 Mins: 9 Seconds: 18

13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, I am really looking forward to this bonfire

I will bring Toffee Apples. I have never had them before but I googled some bonfire recipes (b/c my imagination is fried right now from all the studying) and they look yummy.  You skewer an apple, roast, roll in a bowl of sugar and return to roasting until sugar melts and caramelizes.  Sounds simple enough

I will throw in unrealistic school assignments, miserable weather, cranky partners, late night family phone calls when I have to wake at 6am (the phone calls not the family members ), outdated wardrobe, empty bank accounts, bags under my eyes, and smelly people at the gym.

That should get the fire going. Unfortunately, all my cds are in storage but I can bring my harmonica

~Alice
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is the third week of our bonfire and we need you to keep it burning also we need food

This week has been full of sadness, so I am  throwing in sadness, cancer, cold weather, and negative thoughts.  I am sure I can think of a few other things, but it is a start.  

Food, I will make sloppy joes and bring pickles and chips and of course cookies.  I brought my cd player, need cds.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

Reading this thread: