Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Just a thought

11 years ago 0 153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bob, I can't add much more to the wonderful words of support and wisdom already expressed, other than to say I too am terribly sorry for your loss.
11 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Death lies on her, like an untimely frost
Upon the sweetest flower of all the field.
  • Romeo & Juliet Act IV Scene 5

• Quit Meter

$56,980.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 14

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bob - I am so sorry for your loss.  May you find peace and comfort in her death, but also celebrate and rejoice in her life.  May her memory become a treasure. 

Dave

• Quit Meter

$50,642.96

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 5

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eyja, thankyou so much.  Your words are music to my ears.  Feedback is so important.  Even if I don't post until I'm a week clean I will be checking back and hope that more friends will breath fire and get me to the finish line never to look back.  I am not nervous, having tried so many times, but excited to like myself a lot more and have my grown children respect and love the new me without my attachment to nasty nicodemon.  [None of my four sons smoke.]
Thanks Bill/Bob/Willis~~(it's starting already.)  ha ha ha.  'The mind is a terrible thing to waste. LOL  I have been and continue to pour through books on addiction, healthy food, psychology, sociology, mysticism, Metaphysical Meditations, Spiritual sayings and even Mertons,  The Seven Story Mountain which, if you can believe it was a terrific incentive to 'get a grip.
I'm ready, willing and able!!!
11 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you have a plan Humble! I agree a plan of action is essential and yours sounds well thought out and comprehensive.

When I started out to quit smoking I followed the prepared plan on the Patch packaging. It gave me something to cling to as I made a major lifestyle change. I used to read the box and the little pamphlet every night! 

I hope you will continue to stop by and update us on your progress Humble. My significant other was also diagnosed as pre-diabetic but she immediately changed her ways and followed the recommended diet and has avoided having to take any medications for the condition. There are some great cook books out there to help if you are interested.

Soldier on my friend !

Bill 
11 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Humble! Hello there : ) I agree with Willis that it's very nice to see your posts again and hear that you're forging ahead with healthy lifestyle choices - and chocking up those stats as a non smoker too! Good for you.  Your 'plan' sounds very solid - a good foundation to build your future success on. You've offered some sage advice here to complement this 'Just a Thought' thread.  
11 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

The mind that is anxious about future events is miserable.
Seneca

• Quit Meter

$56,980.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 14

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I'll let you in on a little secret, Willis.  I have been to a naturopathic doctor where I had accupuncture and got drops for my nervous condition and high blood pressure.  Also have been working with a nutritionist for help with a diabetic diet and blood glucose monitoring.  I am considered pre-diabetic and definately need to make some serious changes in lifestyle which includes clear thinking and ATTiTuDe.  Attitude is a big deal along with constant Reality Checks.  So, I'm learning that before you build a house you must draw up a plan.  And there's my plan.  I'm learning to Fly one step at a time.
11 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Original Post by: Humble
Still plodding along thanks,Willis.  A little bit older and, well, what can I say?  Still plodding along.
Well it is very nice to see you post again Humble, even under such tough conditions as our friend Bob is dealing with.

Stay in touch Lady! 

Reading this thread: