Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

At first

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Lance!
Wow your are making big changes!
This is great! Taking control of our own life feels great isn't it??
You will succeed, I am sure of that. I do not know anything about panic issues but I do Know that quitting smoking is an empowering journey!
Big hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 266
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,990
Amount Saved: $399.00
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 7 Mins: 7 Seconds: 45

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Lance! It is great to see you working on improving your quality of life and a better future is definitely in store for you. Keep posting what you are going through, especially if it helps you get through the day.

It might take some time before you start noticing the changes occuring. Everyone's quit experience is different and there are many factors that can determine this. The best thing you can do right now is stay focused on the quit and getting through each day, one day at a time. Get a reward system going, keep yourself busy and distracted. Sooner than you know it, week 1 will be complete!

Remember, keep your guard up at all times and smile!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I just drove a roommate to the store ( so he could buy smokes, ahhh) anyway, how long should I expect its going to be before I notice a change in my anxiety/panic feelings when I drive, hoping smoking has something to do with it. I bet there is no answer to this. 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20
Amount Saved: $6.15
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 32 Seconds: 14

Thank you sooo much!  The health educators on these sites are wonderful! You have been truly helpful in my just being at this point. A few months back when I discovered the panic center, I was at a seemingly hopeless point in my life. Today I am actively working on improving my quality of life, I have hope for a better future and I WANT to try, it wasnt so back then. So I do Thank You all very much.
My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 17 Seconds: 5

Ok great, thanks for clarifying Lance!
I am glad you've been feeling a difference already, one thing is certain it does not take long for the benefits of quitting smoking to start showing their little head. Smoking can affect people in many different ways, physically, mentally, emotionally. It sounds like you are quite in tune with how your body is reacting to it, all the better reason to quit smoking and enjoy the benefits! You are making excellent changes and taking control of your life and we are all rooting for you!

Keep it up Lance, you can and WILL do this!

My panic attacks are when I AM smoking. I am hoping NOT smoking will help with this issue. I have read it can and this is a big motivator for me.  I already feel calmer just in the 2 days I havnt smoked.  I need this, I need to be a new better person so I can get my life back on track. I am doing everything I can think of. .....now if I can find www.get a job today .net I will be good to go!
My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 14 Seconds: 2

Hi Lance,

That's great that you quit for 8 months in the past, you obviously did something right! And we are glad to see you back at it!
Regarding the panic you are experiencing while driving, are you saying that you experience this as a smoker or a non-smoker?
If you can clarify this I may be able to provide a better answer.  Thanks!

Years ago I quit with my wife for 8 months. Unfortunately we started again. This was many years ago and I dont remember a lot of how I felt at first. Seems like the first couple of says has me tired and a little out of it. In general I feel good though. I dont know if my recent diet change and starting to work out are the cause of it. Im making a lot of changes all at once. I sure am hoping this change hepls with the panic issues I have had when driving. Many things I have read say I can contribute to it and this is my main motivation. Any thoughts?

Reading this thread: