Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

50 days

14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb.  I hope today is better still.  You're a real trooper, and you should be very proud of yourself.  Your perseverance is paying off big time. 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 490
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,800
Amount Saved: $3,724.00
Life Gained:
Days: 53 Hrs: 11 Mins: 58 Seconds: 22

14 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb......

So glad some sunshine returned.  I hope today is a good one.  Congrats on staying the course.

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 534
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,010
Amount Saved: $1,802.25
Life Gained:
Days: 87 Hrs: 1 Mins: 41 Seconds: 56

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear things are better deb........Huggggggg.........
Keep the Quit

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 99
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,970
Amount Saved: $415.80
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 17 Mins: 52 Seconds: 16

14 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb:

So glad to hear that all of your hard organizational work went well.  Beyond that you managed it all sans cigarettes.  I know this is difficult, but it is not impossible.  There are many hills and valleys, but the goal is worth every step you take...

stay well

nonic

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/25/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 863
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 25,890
Amount Saved: $9,061.50
Life Gained:
Days: 164 Hrs: 16 Mins: 56 Seconds: 30

• Quit Meter

$66,549.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1373 Hours: 4

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I'm actually doing a bit better!  You're right Nonic-- I do love my work and even though I work very hard, it is very rewarding and pretty fun to boot.  Being around so many people today, and being so busy left very little time for moping.  And people were really making me laugh a lot today.  I've got my volunteer coordinator hired, the produce market went great, but the big Cinco de Mayo senior luncheon was a blast.  My spirits are lifted and smoking never entered my mind today (finally!).

Tomorrow will be very busy too, and I'm actually grateful since it seemed to help so much today.

It feels good to smile and engage with life again...... I'm really hoping I'm coming out of this slump. 

Goodnight my friends.  You are all such an inspiration and you really do keep me and my quit going
deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 59
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,416
Amount Saved: $424.80
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 1 Mins: 43 Seconds: 46

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoking won't solve anything.....we all know that.
I'm not sure what meds...I guess I haven't been following everything......but get a second opinion if you are uncertain.  Whatever is wrong can't be helped by lighting up.....Believe me....I thought about it a LOT in that 45-65 Quit day range.  And Yes.....it was my addict making me think it 
You are Strong and have a Great Quit going.......Don't risk that deb......All it gets you is a New Quit Start Date.
Talk to someone about the meds......work it out.
POST here more......every day.....Don't NOT let us help.
It DOES get better.

HUGGGGGG
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 93
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,790
Amount Saved: $390.60
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 11 Mins: 57 Seconds: 17

15 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey,

I'm forcing myself to check in.  I haven't yet made a decision regarding the medications, and am still not doing so great.  One of the things that I do when feeling this bad is isolate myself from others.  So in an effort to not go there, and possibly lose my quit, I am checking in.  I made myself go to work today too.  I'm not sure if it helped or not, but at least I didn't sit around feeling crummy by myself.

I tend to think of dealing with depression much like you do, Nonic.  Mine usually passes and doesn't come all that often, but when it does, things can get really hairy because I want to completely shut down and turn the world off.  I'm concurrently complaining on this thread, and trying to enjoy my 50 day cruise on the other :)  It feels a little fractured!

I am hanging in though.  Not smoking but of course thinking about it more than usual.  I was even thinking tonight as I drove home, 'maybe I should just put the patch back on.'  Stupidly reasoning, 'maybe that might make me feel better.'

Addicts.  Seriously, the thinking behind addiction would be very funny to me right now if I were not so depressed.

I know it can be difficult hanging out with folks who are down in the dumps, so I really do appreciate every single person who took the time to reply.  I promise to keep checking in and will not smoke.
deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 52
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,248
Amount Saved: $374.40
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 10 Mins: 47 Seconds: 50

15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Deb!  I don't have any experiance with meds so I will stay out of this one; however, you should be very proud of all of your accomplishments.  You have been through a lot and still keep pushing forward.  Kudos to you my friend.  Keep the faith.

Mr Q

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 268
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,432
Amount Saved: $2,010.00
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 21 Mins: 15 Seconds: 12

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deb

Well done on the 50 days, you have got a good running start now...The issue of antidepressants is difficult.  I know that some folks (me for one) used nicotine to defeat that old cloud that comes calling from time to time.  I too was offered the meds, but decided not to go that route.  I kind of just continue to grit it out and use the rather awkward perspective of a depressive for creative purposes...I figure at the end of the day I was made this way, so I'd best figure out how to deal with myself in the most productive way possible.  But that is just me.  Depression should not be taken lightly, and if you feel that doing the meds will help you to get right with the smoking, I am behind you 100%...In any case you are doing well, and there are a lot of people here who want to see you succeed.  Do what ever it takes to get the job done...

nonic

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/25/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 855
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 25,650
Amount Saved: $8,977.50
Life Gained:
Days: 163 Hrs: 6 Mins: 49 Seconds: 38

• Quit Meter

$66,549.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1373 Hours: 4

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Deb!!!!!  50 Days is a great acheivement.  Sorry about the side effects you are feeling, but don't get too hung up on them. 

The way I see it, for every action there is a reaction.  And your action to stop smoking is far more powerful than any reaction that results.

Turn that frown upside down.......Go play in the garden and the feel soil ooze between your toes.......THAT is living!

Keep the Quit, girlfriend.

Dave

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 99
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,970
Amount Saved: $779.63
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 6 Mins: 17 Seconds: 20

• Quit Meter

$50,480.15

Amount Saved