Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

A crappy night

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I got the bracelet from a friend.  I am not sure where she got it and not sure if I could post it here.  What about it Mods, if I can find out can we post it???

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 18
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 180
Amount Saved: $36.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 16 Mins: 50 Seconds: 13

15 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

I am very new here, just joined 5 days ago.  What is the N.O.P.E bracelet and how can i get one!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/9/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 5
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 100
Amount Saved: $22.25
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 13 Mins: 0 Seconds: 33

Thanks guys.  Today is okay.  I am not on top of the world nor do I expect to be for a couple days.  You can have a grieving process even though no one dies, but it sure feel like it.  To think of all the years we had together and it ended this way.  I got an email from her today with a shot below the belt. Not to go into details, it something about me that has not changed for several years and now she says something   Makes no sense what so ever.  I am sober and have been for 32 years so I guess I am doing something right on that front.  Pray for her, she is sick.

But I have not smoked, and I am wearing my N.O.P.E. bracelet and no I will be okay.

Have a great evening.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 18
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 180
Amount Saved: $36.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 16 Mins: 29 Seconds: 31

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky,

Your sentiments are understandable and although the situation has left you feeling sad, you must know that you did your best in the 9 years of your relationship together. There is a saying that some people come into your life for a reason, and others only for a season.

Keep your chin up and move on. Life still has many wondrous moments waiting for you.

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky!!!

Hope today is better!!!  You are absolutely right though, you can only be responsible for you!  Don't let ANYONE lay that kind of guilt trip on you!  Foul play on her part!  That situation really is a sticky wicket, but just try to keep smiling and protect your quit!!!

You're doing great so far on this one, girl!!!  Stay focused and kick ash!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 405
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,125
Amount Saved: $1,670.63
Life Gained:
Days: 68 Hrs: 16 Mins: 12 Seconds: 11

• Quit Meter

$44,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 13

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HUGGGGGGGG Sparky

Yep..Life goes on........and so must we.
Keep your eye on YOUR prize..........

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 77
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,310
Amount Saved: $323.40
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 3 Mins: 41 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky
I'm so sorry about your day! But you can't control  other people actions. So life goes on. Sometimes in a way we didn't envisioned.
But I like to think that things happen for a reason. The One above us has a plan for us. He knows better.
I would like to quote a wonderful phrase of the picture Slumdog Millionare: "It was written".
In a lighter subject I also order the nope bracelet from the site Bob told us. Its bright blue and says NOPE and has a nonsmoking sign and a golfclub. I'm a nonsmoking golfer!!!!!
Big Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 81
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,215
Amount Saved: $121.50
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 4 Mins: 51 Seconds: 40

15 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi!!!  Sorry your evening was, well, sucky.  But, of course, you know you are not responsible for the behavior of another.  Yes, life moves on...
I got your message, sorry, I am just now getting home from work, and it seemed a bit late.  I am glad it brightened your day, even a little.
Get a good nights rest---tomorrow is another day.  Hope the  shines bright!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 173
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,920
Amount Saved: $1,384.00
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 13 Mins: 13 Seconds: 46

• Quit Meter

$52,360.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 740 Hours: 14

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

My day went well until I got a phone call form a lady I sponsor in AA.  Her life is a mess and guess who gets blamed for some of it, you got it me.  I am so upset right now and know full well there is nothing that can be done.  Life moves on and so must I.  Without going in to details, we have parted ways.  I have sponsored her for over 9 years and it is hard, but so right for both of us.  We all grow and change and so must we.  Maybe one day there will be a friendly cup of coffee.  I know it is right, but I feel so crappy

But on a positive note I got a N.O.P.E. bracelet from a dear friend on SSC today.  I am blessed.  Thanks MM.

So with a grateful heart and a sad heart, how can that be???  I will close and go to bed that way there is smoking and hope tomorrow will be better for her and me.  HUGS to all.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 17
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 170
Amount Saved: $34.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 13 Mins: 45 Seconds: 33

Reading this thread: