Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I feel like a yo-yo

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

Sorry I missed this post but wanted to say .... WOW!
Look how far you have come!
So, so proud of you!

Happy Smoke Free Birthday!

HP

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 128
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,072
Amount Saved: $737.28
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 16 Mins: 33 Seconds: 45

15 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday Ron!!!!

You are definitly not crazy. I had so many highs and lows. the first few weeks ...Sometimes I thought I was going crazy.
I realize it was the addiction trying to weaken my resolve.So my best advice to you is STAY STRONG, it will pass and it is worth the effort, I promise!

I hope you are enjoying your day with your kids....I'm sure they appreciate your new "daddy smell"

Theresa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/9/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 59
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,003
Amount Saved: $200.60
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 23 Mins: 25 Seconds: 37

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy birthday to you RonR- have a wonderful smoke free day !!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 89
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,225
Amount Saved: $1,335.00
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 11 Mins: 42 Seconds: 16

15 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey RonR -

You sound pretty normal to me!!! Quitting is a process not an event, that's for sure. Hang tough my friend. You can do this for sure. There's no way you need a smoke. You can beat the demon!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/6/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 31
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 930
Amount Saved: $213.90
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 5 Mins: 35 Seconds: 11

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 hi Steve, you are normal that is for sure, this comes and goes and with your determination to stay quit will pay off for you, its like your going along and WHACK there it comes to jump on your back again, keep knocking it off, i use to get so mad when out of the blue there it was the urges, keep shaking them off that roller coaster will stop and let you off :) Keep hanging Tough Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2190
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 52,560
Amount Saved: $9,198.00
Life Gained:
Days: 313 Hrs: 1 Mins: 34 Seconds: 16

15 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, have fun with the kids and Happy Birthday, you are giving yourself a great gift by not smoking.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/4/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 399
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,980
Amount Saved: $1,596.00
Life Gained:
Days: 53 Hrs: 16 Mins: 30 Seconds: 32

15 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing great, congrats, and I can't pass up the opportunity to use my non-smoking singing voice!! So here goes.....

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to Rrrrronnnn, Happy Birthday to youuu.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/17/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 751
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,008
Amount Saved: $2,816.25
Life Gained:
Days: 84 Hrs: 11 Mins: 24 Seconds: 12

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron,

Great plans for the week to keep you busy!  Keep pushing forward and sharing with us!  Your doing awesome and we are very proud of you!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday, RonR!  This is a very wise move at 43! I waited too long to quit (59) and I ended up with COPD ( a lot better than I was feeling 6 months ago!) - you'll miss all that by quitting now!  Good luck on the roller coasters with your daughter!

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 201
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,025
Amount Saved: $2,261.25
Life Gained:
Days: 37 Hrs: 8 Mins: 2 Seconds: 48

15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THANKS ALL!!!!

I'm firm in my quit and never going back. It seems some days are more physical and others more psychological--today was physical. It was the headache, sore throat and just overall jitteriness (not a real word, but it fits). I feel it most in my jaw from constantly clenching my teeth. But I made it through and there was never an instant where picking up a smoke was an option.

You're so right Sparky: I am not going back to day one after the battles I've already fought and won. I think I will go buy a yo-yo. It'll keep my hands busy, distract my mind and allow me a great inside joke at the expense of the demon :-)

Deb, Lisa--your wise words definitely got me through today.

And Bonnie, I like my new cologne too. I walked by the smoking area at work today and could not believe how disgusting it smelled and what a wretched mess it was. I never noticed it before but it reeked--as do all of my former smoking buddies. Really? I smelled like THAT?

Having all of you there to listen to my fears and frustrations is such a huge help.

Tough day but...tomorrow is my 43rd B-day and I get to go ride roller coasters with my daughter. Thursday I'm headed to SF with her and my two boys for a long weekend. So I should be plenty distracted over the next 5 days.

By the time I'm back to a normal routine I will be firmly into Who's Your Daddy Week!!

You guys are awesome...

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 330
Amount Saved: $55.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 15 Mins: 11 Seconds: 16

Reading this thread: