Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

February Hum Drum

16 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, Iknow what you mean At least we have a few warm sunny daysso I did a few things outdoors. You could look at garden books plan a new place in your yard, browse garden shops pick up new windchimes, garden lights, plant stakes etc. They say you have to get thru all the seasons to be really quit so you're almost there. So go out and buy some flowers and put them where you can see them all the time. Judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 194 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,552 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $388.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, Great post! February is a gloomy time of year and one of the harder months to make it through. Seasonal Affective Depression (S.A.D) is quit common at there is little sun and our levels of vitamin D can drop quite significantly. Smoking was probably used by most members at this time of year to keep your mood up. Without smoking there are millions of other activities we can do to stay inspired during the month of February. Take tomorrow for example - Valentine's Day! Enjoy a night with your loved one. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, I know your heart will bleed peanut butter hearing me complain about TX weather, but I am sick of the cold as well. It's just been teasing us lately. 70s for a day or two and then 30s and 40s, rain. I hate winter, I think I have that disease, where people depend on the sunshine... Can't think of what it's called. But, I hear what you're saying, and I am ready for some spring flowers and warm days. I'm constantly busy, so boredom doesn't set in too much with me, except on the weekends, but at work when I get bored I surf the web. I guess if it were the weekend, I'd probably take a drive (of course that would be hard to do in snow and ice) I'm not helping much am I? I'm sorry. Hey, do you have a skating rink or bowling alley around. That would be fun and great exercise as well!! Or how about going to a batting cage and taking your frustration out on the ball? That feels great!!! Wishing I could do that right now!!! Hang in there Sparky, you're a pro at this!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
February Hum Drum I don�t know about you guys, but this winter is getting really long and I want a burst of spring. I have been in the dumper and really didn�t know what was going on. Then today as I was driving to my work out it dawned on me �It�s February.� There are cycles in my life and I have to aware of them. Being bored in February is a biggy. There has been an issue going on in my life that has set off the triggers and being bored gives it life. Lots of chatter, lots of thoughts of just one, please just one, NOT. There is nothing that smoking would do to change it, it will take time and I have that. I also am getting tired of seeing snow and ice and gray skies. That is all part of living in the mid-west. Can you imagine getting excited when it gets to 30 degrees during the say? LOL So what do you guys do when the boredom set in? Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,890 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $867.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: