Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Buddies Needed

16 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Islandgirls - you guys are doing fantastic! I can just imagine your dog going nuts on the cigar - too funny! That would have been awesome. Speaking of dogs, I notice our labs aren't sneezing any more - is it possible they were slightly allergic to smoke? We just assumed they kept getting something else up their noses (each other's butts). LOL Small world - our son is getting married next Oct. We won't be on a beach, but it will beautiful all the same. They're planning a very low-key fall wedding, but the leaves should be in full fall colours by then, so it will be fantastic. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $197.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope you get over WANTING a cigarrette...it would be horrible if you didn't. I hate mornings and after I eat still bother me, but only sometimes now...I guess it is getting better. When my husband has a cig I either hate the smell or I go by him just to smell it. it is up and down, so I can see why your husband did that. I hope I can become a non smoker that hates smoke all together!!!! Anxious1 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jazz..you Rock!! That is fantastic! Both my husband and I quit together also, it is easier with buddies! It is an uphill battle and I keep on having faith in myself. I have chewed some nicotine gum, but pretty much cold-turkey has been our way. Funny story, last night, my husband, snuck out to the garage and lit up a cigar, "just to smell it", he said. Our dog, Blue, jumped up on the table, took it out of the ashtray and proceeded to destroy it! Guess he hates the smell of them as much as I do! I haven't cheated yet, although the temptation is stil strong. Do you EVER get over wanting a cigarette? But, wanting and actually smoking one are two different things. I have a wedding to save for next year (our daughter) and I am saving all these $$ we are no longer spending on cigs and she will have a most gorgeous wedding on the beach at sunset. Weezer, hang in there!! We can all do it if we "get by with a little help from our friends" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing, very encouraging...............
I can tell you a bit about my journey so far. (sorry, it looks a little long!) Both hubby and I quit on Jan 3/08 after 30 years of smoking. We're both using the patch, which is working really well so far. It's giving us time to change routines, habits, getting rid of all the toxins, etc. while being weaned off the nicotine. I was really scared to try quitting again, after having a few failures in the past, but as I got closer to our quit date, I became really excited and wanted to start my quit right away! One of the things I'm finding really challenging right now is getting past some of the "firsts" that always triggered having a smoke. Dinner at a restaurant - we'd light up as soon as we raced from the restaurant, first snowmobiling trip (nothing like having a nice smoke in the middle of the bush), socializing with friends (but most of them are non-smokers now), just lots of different situations. But......we're aware that they are triggers, and have been able to talk ourselves through all of our new "situations" so far! I lurked around this site for about a week before we quit, and learned all I could about quitting. Reading post after post from successful quitters sure helped a lot too. This group is amazing. On a post yesterday I mentioned that between my husband and I we were spending about $400/month on cigs. Stupid, stupid stupid!! That's almost $5 grand a year. As I think about the last approx 30 days since we quit, I get excited all over again. What a great decision we made, and we're keeping the quit! It can't get any better than that :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $197.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The Chantix does alot of good if you take it just like it says. I am still on it and I would never had made it this far just on my own conviction, I know that. You really need to be prepared mentally, that was my hardest part and still is. I have a 1-2 hour battle with my emotions every morning for that stupid first thing in the AM smoke. It is easing up some, so I hope it gets even better. My heart goes out to you, I am also at work, but without this site, I would have caved at least a dozen times. Always here to help. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can find out a little about my journey by looking in "Coping With Withdrawl Symtoms - "This Sucks". This will keep you busy for a little bit anyway. Also, download the "quit meter' I love going to this daily and see how much, how long and how many in regards to smoking. It, in itself is a reward! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Count me in too. I'm at work as well, but I pop in and out of the site as often as I can. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $197.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anything i can do to help you thru this just let me know!! I am at work right now so i might not be able to respond right away, but please, don't pick up - each time you fight a craving you will get stronger and each time will get easier, it might not seem like that right now, just trust me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If there is anyone out there that would be a buddy with me, I sure would appreciate any help you can offer, I would love to hear your story...........

Reading this thread: