Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Everybody Loves Thier Quit

16 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
so far I am loving it. Sure made shopping for Christmas presents go faster. I bet wrapping will be a cinch too, not having to go out and have a smoke after every 1 or 2! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AJ, Naps definitely should be on the agenda, esp at first. As for the "found" time, it's like summer vacation. It takes a while to figure out what to do with it. I'm sure you'll adjust ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 271 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,842.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Yes Aloha it is! I can't say that I was not bored during some of that time, because I sure was. But I can say that no time was wasted all weekend! Even if it was napping that was on the agenda! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, very nice, AJ! Isn't it amazing when you stop and think about how much time you have now to do more enjoyable things? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 271 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,842.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Great thread!!! I love it all!! I LOVE that I didn't have to go outside over and over again this past weekend and feed that nasty nico-demon! I figure between Sat and Sun I didn't have to go outside in the cold and rain for 20 (smokes per day) x 2 (weekend days) = 40 (cigs not smoked) x 7 (minutes per nasty cigarette on average) = 280 (whole minutes!!) which is 4 hours and 40 minutes!! That's 4 hours 40 minutes I did not freeze, outside alone! 4 hours 40 minutes I didn't poison my body! 4 hours 40 minutes that I was available to my family when I have not been available to anyone but that damn nico-demon every weekend before for about the past 20 years! See ya nico-demon!!!! I've got no more time for YOU!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea Blue Cloud and a nice positive thread. I often feel a smugness about myself for being quit and having done it so successfully. I love lots of the things already mentioned like not having to worry about where the next opportunity to have a cigarette is likely to come from when I am out and about. I love not smelling of stale smoke and having to take all the measures I used to to keep the house from smelling. Without this site I know I would still be smoking because it was such a scary thing to stop doing at the time. Now I'm just very, very thankful to all of you for giving me the support to go through with it. I also feel an evangelical urge to help others realize what it means to stop and how they too can do it. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 264 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,224 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,320.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do love being smoke free! This time of year is stressful for me and lately I have been noticing some of the "Just one drag" nagging. But the other night someone asked me how long I was quit and if it bugs me. I told them it does "bug" me occasionally, but that cigarettes are like "crack" to me, and that I am one puff away from a pack a day! To me that is what I needed to learn in order to stay smoke free, knowing that the addiction will get me, if I let it. I need to always be 'aware'. Shakes, I never thought of how smoking would indeed affect the voice and what a great perk that is for you as an actor, now that it is so much better! Good for you! You have done wonderfully! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,027.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love how much breath I have as an actor and how much better my voice is. Like Martha, I love that I've learned how to deal with my fears and anxiaties rather than running away and smoking every time I'm faced with a difficult situation. I love this site. And the inspiring people that I've met and whose posts keep me going. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my stats!!! --Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,295.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love how I don't "have" to smoke anymore. Like when travelling, all I could think about was when I could have my next smoke. Or, at a movie, not really watching the movie at the end because I was getting edgy. We went for an early family Christmas party on Saturday night, used to be about 12 smokers there all up. Now, there are 2. And, it was great, to be able to just sit and chat with people, enjoy (and taste) a nice glass of wine without having to sneak away all the time to dose up on my drug of choice. I never look at a smoker and think I am missing out on something. I don't smoke because I choose not to and that's a pretty nice feeling. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,008.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The time since my last puff! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 693 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,474 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,811.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 126 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: