Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Well Crap

16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for the positive words! All of these guys have helped me feel MUCH better. You guys are great! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $173.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Elise, I'm sorry to hear about your slip. This can happen and you shouldn't let that distract you from the goal. Get back up and dust yourself off. As far as the quit meter goes, like most will tell you, it's for you. Look at my stats, 1000 plus days. That's not my real counter, I went to profiles and changed it. Everyone else sees what I want them to see but I know the real number. I do hope you are back on top of your game, you were doing so well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1089 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,573.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 175 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Elise, Your slip can be a negative or positive for you. That's your call. I can tell you I would not be where I am at now with out my "positive" slips. I really put allot into learning from them. You can do this...honest. It is very doeable. We heave the power to make it hard or easy on ourselves. Hang in there and let us know how your doing. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 261 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,166.67 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GET BACK UP AND KEEP TRYING! Don't look at your slip as failure, but just um, a milestone. I think one of the biggest problems we face when trying to quit is that we just assume, well, I slipped, so oh well, I'll try again some other time. Not true, get right back on your road to being smoke-free and DON'T GIVE UP or beat yourself up for that matter! Good luck and you can do this!
16 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Elsie, Get Mad,!!! Not Sad,!!! Thank goodness You didn't have 6 months or a year under Your belt before You slipped, Kid, You got to learn to fight Fire With Fire, I tell most Quitters to Grit there Teeth, and Get the Eye of the Tiger, No,!! I don't mean a Kitty-Cat, I mean a full size Tiger, You Grab that Tiger by the tail, and Elsie, You don't let go for all the Tea in China, Most of Anyone's success on there Quit is, Motivation, and a good Positive Attitude, If You can wrap Your arms around those two things and squeeze tight, You will not be denied of Your fulfillment to succeed, So I'll tell Ya what to do Elsie, You Give-up the addiction of Smoking, and Get addicted to this website, This is Your Home away from Home, until You can rid Yourself of cigerettes, Hey Friend, I've been where Your going, And If You don't believe me, just take a peak at my Stats, I smoked 40 years, If I Did It, ''You Can''' It's a Mind Thing Elsie, Believe In Yourself, Smokless In Oklahoma :) :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/10/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1674 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,164.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 391 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$26,824.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 883 Hours: 5

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have slipped a couple of times....but I got back to the wagoon You can do it too, NOPE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Elise sorry that you had a bad day yesterday Don't beat yourself up about your slip, but learn from it Get back on the quitwagon and you can do this lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 350 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,400.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$113,532.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 13

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Elise, I'm sorry that you had a bad time of it. I remind myself that when the cravings are strong putting something in my mouth and lighting it on fire is not going to change the situation that triggered the craving. Thank you for your honesty. If it were me, I would reset my meter so thinking about resetting it would no longer be an issue. Prayers and best wishes for you to remain smoke-free. TM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We have all fallen off the wagon.. Just get back on really fast!!! You can do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Elise, many of us slipped at one time or another. Learn something rom it that can help you when you run into a similar situation, get back on the wagon & look only forward. You know you can do it because you did it for 28 days. Your meter is yours & only you can decide the right thing to do with it. Here, take my hand, get back up & carry on. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,628.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: