Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

So Much Goodness

16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freemom, YOU GO GIRL! As one who has watched you struggle in the beginning, you have MADE IT! I knew you would! You know who is waiting at the beach with the wine, chocolate, music, Chippies..... Remember, the Magic is with you! Nance PS Stickin, sorry to hijack your thread, just wanted to congratulate Freemom...haven't seen her much! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $591.70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freemom How great you are. You have the instinct, insight, and knowledge to recognize the pitfalls and then walk away from it. Your reactions and actions are making you a success; you have it. Tired and bed for me now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 510 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,805.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 92 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just had an interesting experience today. Was shopping at the mall and as I was leaving passed a little convenience store and actually thought, "Hmmm I could get a pack of cigs, smoke one or two and nobody would ever know". I quickly answered myself back, "No way am I doing that, besides, I would know." So besides freedom, I've gained CONTROL! My addiction doesn't control me - I control how I respond to it. Funny thing is, at my next stop a woman was near me who had obviously just smoked and boy did she STINK! I'm so glad I'm not a smoker anymore! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 948 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $322.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 5

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel like I have control of my body and my life. Now I can make decisions regarding my health, because when I smoked, I felt like my right to make good decisions in that regard was kind of...voided? BECAUSE I smoked. It's nice to feel like all the good choices I'm making now (back into martial arts and yoga, taking walks, eating better) are worth it! Stickin' - always making me think about it...thanks, my friend!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $114.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent post! I love being somewhere and not "freaking out" because I need to leave so that I can smoke. I am so much more relaxed and not nervous about when my next "break" will be. Mercy is right - commercials...they are something new to quitters! It is soooooo nice not to have to run outside real fast and try to make it back before the commercial is over! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $663.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Thank you CallMeMonMom, Wisdom, knowlege, truth in high standings and spirit that you are. I am so very please with you and admire you It get better after 121 days. Soon to forget as it fades into the sunset. We begin to realize that we have freedom to choose what we want to do. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 509 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,799.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 92 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My truth is that at the beginning of my quit, I couldn't understand the "freedom" part. It took many weeks, and gradually, I got a taste of it, and NOW, finally, I get it. As I have explained to other smokers, you don't understand the depth of nicotine addiction, and how your whole life becomes ruled by your addiction, until your addiction is broken. Where you can comfortably go, and for how long, always looking for the "spot" where you will feed your addiction...matches, lighters, cigs, cash, how many of your friends smoke? or have you surrounded yourself primarily with those who also feed your addiction? Smoking buddies...we made friends quickly in our "spots" if only briefly. Cringing every time a new non-smoking law got passed. "I want a cigarette" "I need a cigarette" "I have time for a cigarette" I no longer have to deal with any of that. Yes, it still crosses my mind "gee, this is when I would have had a cigarette", and then I am able to smile, and remember that I am free of my addiction, for now...and forever. N.O.P.E. Freedom. That's the goodness for me. I will never go back to slavery! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $586.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Try again Winning qualities alohakeia, Mercy, mylast and new me you possess. Your meters are impressive, days ticking away and I sense your thrill and feel your new found FREEDOM. I admire your positive attitudes. Who is else has benefited and how so? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 509 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,799.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 92 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Winning qualities alohakeia, Mercy, mylast and new me you possess. Your mWinning qualities alohakeia, Mercy, mylast and new me you possess. Your meters are impressive, days ticking away and I sense your thrill and feel your new found FREEDOM. I admire your positive attitudes. Who is else has benefited and how so? eters are impressive, days ticking away and I sense your thrill and feel your new found FREEDOM. I admire your positive attitudes. Who is else has benefited and how so? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 509 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,799.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 92 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm finally gettng it.....I am in control of my life..not cigarettes -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $578.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: