Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Bad Attitude

16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello 1939bear, I was just admiring your stats, 17 almost 18 days gained. I wonder how they come up with those days, they couldn't possible know our genetics. It's a nice idea and maybe it doesn't mean a thing. I'd hate to come to the end of my life and face off with the reaper demanding my 18 additional days to find out it was all a bunch of hooey. You know, I don't think I would be too awful disappointed if it did work out that way so long as I lived my life to the fullest right to the end. No walker and oxygen bottle. No chemo or pain meds. No little voice synthesizer. Maybe that's 18 good days as opposed to the possible alternatives; who knows. That woman in payroll probably thinks you're a jerk and you may make a few more friends like her before your over this. But when you are over this you're going to charm her with a kind word and she's going to think you're the cat's meow; and you're going to have more than 18 good days coming that you probably wouldn't have had coming otherwise had you not stayed on top of your game. You're not punishing or depriving yourself of anything. You're winning one of the most important games to win you'll ever play. Thoughts from the peanut gallery. I hope you get it done (and over with). Stay strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
so, you want to suffer again, bear? Please do not let these 78 days be for nothing! Besides, this way you might be able to come up with some novel ways of apologizing ;p -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $516.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The rub in all this is when I was 26 I quit smoking and that quit lasted 5 years.That quit was a piece of cake compared to this one. I guess we,ve all said this one too."If I had known then what I know now I would have never started to smoke. Duh :| [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,404 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $780.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bear! It only lasts a couple of days, just like stepping down to a lower patch, except now you got freedom from ever having to wear them again! It is great! Remember to do deep breathing and your strategies. You are basically going Cold Turkey now, so alittle withdrawal compared to what it might have been 78 days ago, ain't so bad! I've been off the patch a month yesterday and it gets better every day! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $981.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, I'm gonna be honest. Your way into the quit. Right now your gonna have a hurdle that will require a commitment. But...don't we all make commitments and see through many other things in life. You seem like the kind of guy that tells it like it is and does what he says. If you remember my posts I was having some hard days even around 100 days. Not that all days were hard......but I felt like some rest from it all wasn't ever going to happen. Here I am pushing over four and a half months and FINALLY seeing some "true" light....peace...meaning and (yes) satisfaction. I got a feeling that by 6 months things will come together.......and that after a year with continued dedication to the cause I will be a true non/reformed smoker. I just know that if you....me....us.... don't stick it out we will never know the real meaning of being recovered from an addiction. We will have done ourselves a great injustice. (remember) THE BEAR WENT OVER THE MOUNTIAN THE BEAR WENT OVER THE MOUNTAIN THE BEAR WENT OVER THE MOUTAIN AND WHAT DO YOU THINK HE DID HE CLIMBED THE OTHER MOUNTAIN..................... Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $607.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL. Good for you BEAR! You be just as mean as you want. Just don't smoke. It isn't worth it!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 705 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,467.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Hi Mercy If I remember correctly mine was a 12 week program 8 weeks at 21 mgs 2 at 14 and 2 at 7 I went the whole 9 yd,s the only problem I had was at 7 mgs when the dam thing,s kept falling off during the hot weather when I would prespire a lot. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,404 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $780.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
I was just sitting in front of computer reading some email when it suddenly dawned on me how excedingly stupid or lucky I am.I remember my 1,rst post where I expressed some doubts about quitting.One lady in particular as much as said "Then What are you doing here"remember Changing ?? If I had known then what I know now I would have never quit.But I said to myself your here now why not give it a shot.So here I am caught between a rock and a hard place I,ve got 78 smoke free days in and theres no way I,m giving them up now so people are just going to have to put up with me being as mean as cat piss for a little while. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,404 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $780.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
OOPS... I forgot to say... At 78 weeks if I had given up the 2mg gum I was on I may have sliped. I realize that for most the weeks (at that time) I had 2 silly pieces a day. Around 100 days.... I reduced it to one piece a day. Today I haven't had one yet!!! :) It seems like the 78 days is soon to be done with the patches. Anyone know? Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $607.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Bear... I'm not sure how the patch program works...but how many weeks are you on it when you buy it at the store? I know there is the 21mg...14mg and 7mg. How many weeks do you do each? I have heard that people that quit NRT too quickly...or when not ready may not be good. Just asking..... I'm not a patch expert. AND.... I don't want to "butt" heads with a bear when he's grouchy. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $607.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39

Reading this thread: