Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

First Night Out

16 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Mercy for reminding me how great it is to be a non-smoker. I have been to several social gatherings and I just love that I don't have to leave the room or the party. I get to stay for all of the action and it really is a great feeling knowing I won't miss anything by having to leave for a smoke. It made me laugh to read about how your friends lit up right after getting out of the car. I remember that feeling, always thinking about when I will be able to have my next cigarette. I don't miss that at all! Thanks for reinforcing what I already know, but needed to hear - it's great to be a non-smoker! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,719 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went to a Wedding this weekend and the same thing happened, the people around me were all smokers and ever 1/2 hr. or so they would go outside to smoke and come back all smelly. Boy did it feel to good to say I do not have to do that anymore. Hoorah for us! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,866 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $370 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doesn't it feel good to realize how far you have come? Way to go Mercy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $187.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$119,528.66

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6400 Hours: 17

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Mercy - You reminded me of why this quit is so important...I remember the days when I was ALWAYS going outside and trying to sneak smokes in between trips from place 1 to place 2. Freedom is a good thing! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,894 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats great news MERCY, you keep that beautiful quit. I think all of us reach a point were we see this ugly addiction for what it is, and really its hard work...its alot nicer to be smoke free...all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 238 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YAY Mercy!!! Good for you :) I'll bet you feel great today for it too. Ahh, another success :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,034 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332.51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, Last night was my first night out. Meaning.....out with the girls. I had two beers (I next to never drink)...and we heard this awesome band. Had fun dancing. I don't go out too often like that and I was worried as the whole group smokes. I was amazed that I didn't think about it too much. At one point (just once) I even went outside with them when they had to smoke,rather than stay inside alone. I didn't even fancy the thought to cheat. Can you believe that???? Infact.... I was glad I was quit. All night they had to go outside. I didn't have to do that anymore. And....when they came back in....they stunk. Of course, I wouldn't tell them that.....but they did stink...and bad. So another hurdle accomplished. I even laughed to myself when we got out of the car and both of them quick lit up as we walked to the club. They only had time for about 3 or 4 drags off the cigarette. What a waste...... especially at what they cost!! Guess what I am saying is............For the first time I saw the addict...from outside the box looking in. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $500.64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: