Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Irony

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW! Glad I got to read that! What a great post! Very true! VERY true! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 659 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,492 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2721.67 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, Sorry to hear you're having a rough day. Perhaps it's time for a reward? Might make you feel better and keep your mind off your crave until it passes. Thanks for the bump and let us know if we can help! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For anyone who's having major cravings.....like me. :mad: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $172.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Thank you Casey. You're a peach. I hope this thread will help any new comers. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168.73 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Thanks guys. The thought hit me toay, after getting smacked with a crave, that I literally suffered and MADE myself start smoking. Now I have to suffer and MAKE myself get passed NOT smoking. I'm wondering how any of us ever started smoking. It really did make us sick but we pushed on anyway. :mad: Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a great thought provoking post Tutti, and it really is ironic. All the things you put your body through to be a smoker become the very things you experience when quitting. Thanks for a great post. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,101 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $982.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent post Tutti - so perfect! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,423 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 12

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Post Tutti It says it all!!!!! And oh how very true it all is! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 892 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wonderful Post Tutti, except this time by choosing to stop smoking, you chose to start living. Well done! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 792 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $327.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Do you remember way back when you started smoking? I sure do. I remember getting nauseated, dizzy, confused, breaking out in a sweat, the coughing fits from inhaling the first, second, and third time (And More). I felt fear and anxiety because of the way that cigarette made me feel all over my body. I remember being clammy and white as a ghost as I staggered to the bed to lay down, terrified that I would throw up and of course, I did. Every fiber of my body was rejecting that nicotine and smoke, sending me every warning signal it could but BY GOD you should have seen me, I hung in there and I became the SMOKER I was for 27 years. I fought my way tooth and nail through all of those horrible, God awful side effects of smoking, just so I would fit in with the rest of the "cool" smokers. Once I fought my way through all of those warning signs and became a full fledged smoker, I then resorted to lying, sneaking, and bumming smokes to get my hands on them. I got a hold of them too. Oh yea, I got a hold of them alright until THEY got a hold of me. I went through all of that without a support site to help me learn how to smoke. I did it all by myself. I went through all of that pain and for what? Now here I am, 27 years later, and I've gone through dizziness, nausea, breaking out in a sweat, fear that I may fail, anxiety from the Quit alone, headaches, confusion, completely out of it, fatigued, depressed, and cravings that have been totally exhausting and maddening. Every fiber of my body has begged for nicotine and smoke, tempting me at every turn but BY GOD look at me, I'm hanging in there to become a NON SMOKER for the rest of my life. I'm fighting my way tooth and nail through all of these horrible, God awful side effects of NOT smoking and I'm doing it to save my life and for the love I have for my family. I've been fighting my way through all of the side effects but I'm a full fledged NON SMOKER who doesn't lie, sneak, or bum smokes either. That's right, I don't have a hold of them and they don't have a hold of me. I'm going through all of this WITH a support site to help me learn how not to smoke. I'm doing it myself with my friends. I'm going through all of this pain and for what? Ironic, isn't it? Pretty much the same pain but with a tota

Reading this thread: