Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Respect for Rewards

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Audrey, I meant to tell you how impressive your stats are. You're looking great so you definitely deserve a reward. Think up a good one. ;) Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,066 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Audrey, I do the same, exact thing. I either have little time for a reward and when I do finally get the time, it has lost it's relevance. I know it's a big part of our quit so we'd better start doing something about our lack of rewards. I read today that it can be something simple like taking a bubble bath, taking a walk, or watching a good movie. We need to read about the rewards again and how important they are....then make sure that we do something that we enjoy as a reward. You're probably like me, you're use to doing for everyone else so by the time you finally get around to you, there's just no time or money left over. :confuse: Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,066 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know, anytime anyone makes the stats section someone from the ssc posts something like: "congratulations ________________, do you have a reward planned?" Half the time when it is me the answer is "no". I don't have time to plan rewards. I do have a little list of things that make me and my household happy. But the fact is I don't do the correlation thing: 1 month=reward, 2 months=reward, the reward comes late or not at all and if it does come it has lost its relevance. Mindless chatter. Just having a little difficulty with the reward thing, but since ssc gives so much credence to it thought it was worth the post. Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $218.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: