Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Did it get harder for you around 3 months into the Quit

17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marie, yes the 3 month mark was a turning point for me & seems to be quite a common stumbling block for most of us. You don't want to smoke right ? This is the only reason we stop smoking, any other reason don't cut it. Don't go & beat yourself up, get angry at the tobacco companies for allowing this to happen to you, hate your addiction with a passion, fight it with every inch of your strength. Spare no time for the thought, there's just so much to get on with. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 819 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,482 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5323.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 118 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$12,659.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 11

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marie, I'm only a month smoke-free, but already I'm seeing how it could be easy to get a little careless, a little cocky, and then you slip. It's harder to keep your vigilance up because its easier. So just park it right here on this board, and you had better give one of us a shout before you light up again. That's all. Just yell for someone. You know we're all here rooting for you. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 206 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My stats since my 82 days quit. I don't want to be one of the failures for so many reasons. I've beat myself up badly about my slip but I'm trying to think differently and learn from my slip. I'm going to stay real, real close, if even only lurking. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had to reset my meter as I slipped up last week. I've found this week to be incredibly tough - almost like the first 24 hours, which were horrid. I just want to say "ah, forget it". I feel like my buble has deflated. I'm trying to read up and see if the 3 month mark "means something more", if that makes sense. I'm still smoke free and I am staying smoke free, I just feel like I'm losing steam. I will have to stay close to the site, find the the time to be here as being here was the reason I made it so far - perhaps more than Chantix and my desire to be smoke-free, the support is what I need. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. :) Marie

Reading this thread: