Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Confession Time

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady: Your post should be mandatory reading here, regardless of how long one has been quit. You tell such an important story. I hadn't thought about it too much until reading this tonight that sometimes we do send a message -- albeit unintentionally -- that quitting is easy and that's a very dangerous thing to do. It's only human nature for each of us to compare ourselves to others, so we'll naturally compare our quits to others, I think leaving some to wonder why they don't measure up -- why they're finding it SO difficult when everyone around them doesn't seem to be. But of course we don't all share each struggle along the way, either, so sometimes it may SEEM as though it's coming easily when it really isn't. I believe strongly in the concept that this is a journey -- this is not just some "habit" I must break. I'm learning so much about myself (and it's not always everything I wanted to know), but it's an important part of the journey and I will continue to explore those parts of myself that I kept hidden away behind my addiction. Lady, you're a wonderful lady. Thank you for being such an inspiration to us and to letting us know that it has indeed been a struggle, but one well worth making. Good for you! Keep the faith, Lady! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 137 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,513 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1096 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lady i cannot thank you enough for your post . ditto to everything you have said . i thought it was just me feeling the despair ect. i know one thing for sure i am only just finding out about myself and its going to take some getting used to. again thanks and i hope you are well . lets give ourselves some time eh ! god we deserve it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �490.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Important facts for everyone to know. Thanks for sharing them as they pertain to you. Best wishes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 563 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Lady, My goodness you really said it all! Smoking does mask so many problems and when one quits the problems are still there without the crutch and it almost seems impossible to get through the stressors without that cig. I too have learned (through a few slips and then right back into my quit) - this being the last quit, that there are so many things about myself that I wasn't aware of. I've learned so many lessons especially during this quit about who I am and I expect I will continue to keep learning more and more about myself. Also, I finally put myself 1st rather than way down low on the totem poll of life. Thank you ever so much for all that you expressed! You must be so proud of yourself - You have come a long way and I am inspired by you to keep moving forward in every aspect of myself and in my quit. (((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 834 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady - Thank was an amazing post. You really are such an inspiration for those of us who sometimes struggle along the way. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 164 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $820 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
((((((((( LADY))))))))))))
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lady. its nice to see you are doing so well. I remember that you helped me with my quit back last summer. You posted some good posts and were very supportive of newer members, including me - so I pass a thanks back to you for that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �37.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:)((((((hugs)))))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Thank you for sharing your journey with us. It is sure to help many along theirs. You may think that getting quit was a miracle and staying quit was by the grace of God but we know it due to your unending and admirable inner strength and perseverance. These qualities have served you well in the past, will serve you well in this next journey and will continue to inspire many here at the SSC. We wish you continued success. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My dear Lady- ;) Save your confessions for your God. I mean this in the very sincerest manor. No scissors. Your quit was one of...perhaps the most human of all quits on this site. If you took a roller coaster ride, so be it. We are supposed to be here to offer support for smoking addiction. Even if we were qualified, this (computer somewhere in Toronto and those who log into it) is hardly the forum for diagnosis and treatment of psychological problems. I for one sincerely appreciate the humanity and reality you bring to this crazy place where most defy even using their real name, say anything about looking each other in the eye. I think we all could take this site a bit less seriously. It isn't quite "real", people. But you have made it a little more "real". Thank You. None of us here, I assure you, are worthy of receiving your confession. Quitting smoking and being addicts hardly grants any of us a certificate of deification or what ever you get for becoming a God! Thanks for your support...and your humanity! :) Rob...(now 48) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 369 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,793 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3321 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: