Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Focus

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think a few of us (me included) sometimes fall victim to the 'forever' and are sometimes influenced by hard times of those with more time on their meters. We think "OMG, so-and-so is going through such a crisis and still craving smokes at 322 days!" and "I am never going to smoke again and will be miserable for the rest of my life because of it." Time to get back to the basics. First of all, look at it as choosing not to smoke, just for this day, every day, instead of 'forever'. And human beings are going to have crisis in their lives whether they smoke or not. That's the facts, Jack! We have conditioned ourselves in times of stress to reach for the smokes. It's going to take a little well to 'recondition' ourselves. We're back to Pavlov's dogs, folks. Learned responses. My rant is over. I'm nobody to preach this, mind you... Because next week you might need to throw my own post up in my face. Just thinking out loud. PS This message has been approved by gonnadoit :) Please remember to vote to obliterate smoking from society! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,842 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Gonna, Get on the right mind set! Not smoking forever is the best thing you can do! You are not missing out, you have not lost a friend and you may live longer because of the choice you made :) Back to basics..this is great! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: