Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

family problems

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tsikos, I am still awake at 1:30am here in California, looking for something to do to keep my mind off smoking, and here you are! I am so very sorry you and your family are having problems right now. I know how hard it can be when arguing with family and others. But do know that when we quit we do get a little touchy, and I know I tend to take things more serious than I would if I were not quitting. But also, the most important part is to protect your quit, and not let anyone or anything stand in your way. You know that you and your husband will come to the same world eventually, you have that amazing 11 year old daughter you are both proud of, I can tell by your post. Some days are harder than others and there will be days like this, but keep your resolve, you can and will get through this! Here's a big hug for you {{{{{{{tsikos}}}}}}} and do by all means reward yourself for all the progress you have made. Did you ever think you would get this far? So keep going, it can only get better! And your English is perfectly understandable! Do not appologise! I would not last one second in any other language, and you wrote a very touching post. Thank you for sharing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ParrotLady,Phil thank you very much for your support. I still feel sad but i will not give up my focus! ParrotLady i have never been in California and I thought that only Greek people stay late at night Kisses Tsikos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 906 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Good morning to all of you. Yesterday by the time I woke up I was feeling depressed. When I came back home from the office, I had the same sense of depression. My husband asked if something was wrong and told him how I felt. I decided to go to the gym right away and not stay even a minute at home. I did 2 hours exercise and when I got back home I found my husband arguing with our 11year old daughter. He was trying to help her in maths but he lost his temper and made things worst ( he has some problems with his work) I have tried to calm down the situation but still did managed. He started accusing me that trying to quit smoking don`t participate in our family life (which is a lie because I still do all the regular house work: cooking, laundry etc). He had stopped smoking one year ago and he believes that I am over reacting with all my cravings for smoke. Maybe he has right, he feels a little unsafe with his working problem and I can`t help him with my problem. We are in different worlds right now but is not necessary to pay for that our daughter. I am very proud of her she is very good student and note that she is going to be the flag bearer in the school parade next Saturday in our national holiday. Anyway, he kept doing (bla bla bla) this very early in the morning and I told he that for the moment the most important thing is to save my quitting. Now, at work I really feel sad and I crave for a cig. Tsikos from Greece ps:sorry for my bad english [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 905 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Thank you very much all of you for these helpful posts. Yesterday morning I was feeling sad but magically in the evening I was much much better without any craving and full of energy. It was amazing!!!!!! I wanted to share this with you but I could not enter in the site until now. I AM 32 DAYS SMOKE FREE p.s my husband is still in bad mood many many kisses Tsikos from Greece [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 941 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �173.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi tsikos - Sending you lots of {{hugs}} from Canada. It is so difficult when husband and wife are going through stress at the same time. I had a row with hubby the other day because he thought that I was getting too many rewards. (I have always been very cheap so going out to buy something is a "big" thing for me) It took all the fun out of my reward - I went out shopping but didn't have the spirit for it and I was already having a bad day. Anyway, I explained to him about why the rewards are so important to me and that they don't cost anymore than smoking. He was apologetic later. Afew days later, I went out and bought him a reward too and that was kinda fun. It is so important for us to protect our quits....and sometimes that does mean putting ourselves first....but once we conquer this addiction...we will have the freedom to share our lives fully and completely with our family and friends for such a long time. What better gift to give your daughter than to have a Mom (who obviously loves her and is so proud of her) for a long, long time! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tsikos, I really hope all is better now. My husband quit nearly two years ago and sometimes I think that he thinks I'm overreacting to many situations right now. But I told him straight that sometimes this is a struggle and for right now my moods are up and down. Although HIS mood was a bit suspect last night!!! All is better this morning. Hang in there Tsikos, you're doing great!!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh dear! We so often see the tangling up of quitting with other problems It would be a terrible shame to throw away the 30 days of quitting and go straight back to the start!! Your husband does need to understand that everyones quit is different(I am into week 12 and still struggle sometimes) It is important that he supports you and I suspect he knows that really.We are all allowed a bad day sometimes so yesterday counts as his.He has work problems and he struggled with the Maths and he had an irritable wife!! The sun will come up soon.! Your English is great(a lot better than my Greek) Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,543 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �404.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Good girl! Phil XXXXXXXXX [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,545 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �404.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Gonna You are so right! You have hit the nail on the head!! Families in their way can be our biggest issue along the way. Having said that my wife has been amazing!!! And my Grandchildren. But probs like a father in law with Alzheimers SUDDENLY seem so much bigger! But they are not its Old Nick telling lies to your brain keep going gang! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �404.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Tell your husband to cheer up or I will send the girls roundto get him and we all know what that is like! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,583 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �414.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: