Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,656 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

Thanks from Hawaii

17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm impressed with you Nalu! Your attitude is commendable. Well done, you! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,161 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �231 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nalu Try looking at a dirty ashtray it helps me..... Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �362.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And a wonderful and fun attitude you have, Nalu! Thanks for being here with us. You brighten the day! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,977 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey you guys have not been able to be here as much as I would have liked in recent moments. Yet, I thank you all for your support and in my mind each of your little catch phrases and posts play often. Earth Quake yesterday today a big rain storm with closed roads land slides double the communte time to work ect..ect.. My watch battery died..UGH... Floods, It's so wild and strange. People all around are not them selves. In my last post yes when I was joking about the earth moved under my feet it was to a song. Some of you caught it. Ha Ha.. I have wanted to smoke, more then I have before these past two days. Yet What is it going to solve? Nothing, not one thing. As a side note it's odd to watch how people react to these types of things. If they are big drinker's they drink more, smokers smoke more...ect..ect..ect.. I would have blown through packs and packs of smokes by now. I did not have even a puff off of any one elses, did not even hold one. Although at the gas station I stood in line looking at the smoke packs all lined up all the brands I have tried, and drooling. That felt good for some reason, I linger long looking at them. It's not a smart thing to do I suppose but when asked if I want to buy them I say no quickly. I just want to look at them? Why is that????? Fascinated with looking at packs and packs of cigarettes?? Any way NOT SMOKING THEM...Why would it calm me down to stare at them though? It doesn't make any sense? I don't even want them I only want to look at them? I guess I'll have to figure that out? It's odd. Any way.. Hawaii is a mess, it is our turn. Nothing bad much happens here most times. No tornado's or blizzards or floods. We are a spoiled island state kind of in our own little micro world. We are isolated also. I am flooded and earth quaked but SMOKE FREE... I want this quit more then I am willing to smoke. Glad to be here coughing up all kinds of stuff. Ha ha.. NO RAIN NO RAINBOWS...Nalu...Yep, attitude is everything...I did feel the earth move under my feet. Ha ha Ha.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hagen Daz dulce de leche..ate the whole thing no guilt, no nothing, happy and I did not smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 243 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad you realize smoking is not the way to go in times of stress. Imagine how foolish all those smokers must of looked trying to light one in the middle of an earthquake. Talk about the shakes :p Seriously though I'm glad you and the family are okay (I read your other post) and I wish to compliment you for your strength and great attitude during this unfortunate disaster. You've most certainly got what it takes to stay quit Nalu. You obviously are another SSC member that is smarter than smoking! :) RE: Staring at them in the store. Perhaps, it would calm you down because you feel your self-control kicking in and helping you cope. The impulse to 'buy' isn't there so you can stare at them and sort of enjoy knowing you're not a zombie to the cigarette anymore. Being in control feels good. It makes us feel better about ourselves and not smoking makes us feel better physically too, so it's all good. :) The further we progress in our quits...the better it gets. So push through any craves/urges and stay strong! [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 423 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,307 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2115 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your determination is outstanding! Good for your for trying to stay calm and defeat the nicodemon! Keep up the great work let us help :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: