Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Everything was fine

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tks everybody - I keep reading because you guys make me feel so great. Jan...I was so glad to hear from you again. I have my little calendar set so we can start celebrating with you on October 12th! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 595 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well....we just got back from Thanksgiving with my family. I felt really emotional about the whole thing. I had posted before that I come from a family full of super-achievers. I chose not to share my quit with them, primarilly because I didn't feel that they would ever be able to comprehend how hard this has been for me. While it is a major achievement for me, I believed that it would pale in comparison to what others have accomplished. I wanted to be proud of my quit and I wanted to do it on my own (well - me and my entire SCC family) The beginning of the day was really hard. I really wanted "emotional" comfort. I think that was what I probably used smoking for the most. The day went fine. I never even noticed but my sister (a non-smoker) had gone outside to wait for me to chat and came back in because I never went out. My hubby, at one point, announced that I had been quit for over 3 weeks. They were happy for me, (Mom a little surprised I hadn't told her), supportive and no unsolicited advice. They didn't make a big fuss and I think realized that they realized that this was something "personal" for me. Quitting has been such an emotional experience but sometimes I feel like I am just waking up. (Of course - sometimes I feel like I'm going to kill someone) I am still quitting one day at a time.........but each day brings a whole new learning experience. Taking on this challenge is "huge" for me...but I know how much strength it has taken to get this far and I am proud of how far I've come. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, Windy, "one day at a time, one day at a time, one day at a time, ..." It's also my favorite mantra! :) Thanks for sharing your story. It's great! Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, This is a HUGE accomplishment for you. Every new day is a learning experience, as well as a notch in our belt.(my notches have gone backwards for a few days. It wasn't a smoke free Thanksgiving. A good one, lots of turkey - but not a smoke free one. The nicodemon bit hard and I let myself down.) HOWEVER, (there's always a "however")my new quit date is Thurs. Oct. 12. I just can't stay away from here too long, and I'm glad. I really need you guys. Cheers Jan
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Golden star for you windy, way to go and be proud of yourself. Perfect job !! Hugs from Holland.....Dutch ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,776 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �563.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Windy, you passed the test, so proud of you, on with the quit one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,791 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $476 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, My first chance to get on here in the last 24 hours. Sounds like everything went okay with the family... I just hate getting together with ALL my family. It's like we are all holding our breath, waiting for the free-for-all to start at any minute over some innocous remark. Good for your husband to let them know. Even if THEY don't understand, know that all ex-smokers appreciate and know how hard it is. Done, over with, and you are STILL smoke-free. That's all that counts. Kudos for our good friend, Windy! Does your husband know about the cute fireman? HEHEHEHEHEHE ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,596 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $248 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, I am so proud of you. One day, by your example, I will have stats like yours. Even though I am still smoking I come here every day and see how everyone is doing and kick myself a lot for giving in again. I really miss all of you. So, Windy you keep you quit going, because I will need your help soon :p You and Gonna are have way to much fun. :eg:
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, I am sure they are very proud of you ! We Are! CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 198 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $693 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Windy. Accomplishments like this make it all worthwhile. Freebird ~'~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: