Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Availability of NRT tools

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Last night like an idiot I ran out of patches and whilst there were plenty of places to buy tobacco late at night it would have been very difficult to find patches. I wonder why they cant be on the shelf next to the cigarettes in single units to give smokers the choice of a days cigarettes or a days freedom at a cheaper price.Here in the UK a weeks supply of patches is about 16 pounds sterling which is a bit daunting when faced with 5 pounds for 20 cigarettes but if one patch was avAilable for(say) 3 pounds it would look much more attractive!. If any government wants to really cut us down this is one idea that could help dramatically. PS I DIDNT SMOKE I COPED!!! Phil(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 545 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �114.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
5 pounds sterling is pretty high, too. What is that? About $9.00? I've been to England. Got a little turned around in converting US dollars to pound sterling. I'd see five pounds and think $5.00. Then later realize my money was disappearing awfully fast. I really think the governments could take some of this tax money and lower the prices of quit smoking aids and include other things, such as tai chi, yoga, etc. as aids. The NRT companies have raised the prices of their products, significantly, in the last 20 years. Generally, after a company recovers its initial research money. the prices decline. I this company are taking advantage of the government's "quit smoking" hysteria. Those of us who want to quit deserve more support and deserve not to be price gouged. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Phil, Over here in Aust you can buy the patches in the grocery store. I noticed when i was walking into the store a few weeks ago they had banners promoting the NRT's i thought that was awesome. Being a smoker i would have thought to myself - wish they would just let it go, i smoke give it a rest - now being a non smoker and smell the the 'roses' so to speak im glad they persevere with their campains as if it just reaches out to one person it was a job worth doing right? I agree that more places should stock them and have them as a visable choice to smokers. Here is to Australian grocery stores for doing their part - cheers. PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on coping Phil you passed the test :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,266 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good job, Phil! I am truly impressed. THAT was quite a test! :)
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/congrats47.gif[/IMG] for Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$54,501.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 2

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AWESOME JOB Phil - Way to Hang tough. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 164 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,796 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $574 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil - When I was doing the patch I had one in the car, one in the office, and an extra one in my home office. I tried not to use them, if I did it meant I had gotten seriously low on my supply. To this day I still have a 21mg, a 14mg, and a 7mg here in my office at work. They are the "safety" patches I used during my quit. I pull them out every now and agian and have a look for old times sake. Keep an extra around.... Just in case. Nice work on coping, not folding.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1547 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$99,919.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9151 Hours: 4

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, Good for you! The government works in mysterious ways! Keep pushing forward and know that we are very proud of you and your determination :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: