Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

The only crave I seem to have

18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zany, Well, if your smoking you like this right? No. Smoking doesn't make any difference really. I had a fight with my daughter and she called me a f****** B****. I thought how much I wanted a cig. because of that. Then I asked myself if i liked being called that any better when I am smoking. The answer was no, that wouldn't have helped anything. I don't like it eather way. I would get rid of that guy anyways, I wouldn't like that if I was shooting herion or anything else. You are doing so great!!! You can find a great guy who will be there at your beckon call.!!! Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 598 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$75,035.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6532 Hours: 13

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vent away girl! I don't think I'd answer the door either! But hey ... look at the positive ... your place is clean now, eh?! ;p You came here and vented instead of smoking ... good for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,049 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 17

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Zany Kick the Nerd to the Kerb Who the hell does he think he is? What a wanker! And guess what? Nothing you do is going to make him have a different personality. He was like this before he met you & he'll be like this long after you've told him for the last time to get stuffed! Congrats on your cigarette destruction and congrats for coming here to vent. It helps so much doesn't it? Take care of you alison ((hugs)) Kick the Herb to the Kerb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 929 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $375 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$90,952.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8676 Hours: 14

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zany, You passed a difficult test here. For the future, you need to figure out how you're going to deal with stressful moments. You use to reach for a cigarette and you have to replace that with better coping skills. Keep persevering! Danielle _______________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zany, Positive self talk is a very important part of it! To cope with stressful times, some people choose to keep a journal or walk away from the situation for five minutes. Others choose to learn and utilize relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation or deep breathing. The flip side to this is some people get their anger and frustration out by getting active: a run, a walk, kick boxing, aerobics... Some phone a friend, others post here, put on their favorite song and scream it out, punch pillows... whatever works for you. Hope this helps, Danielle ____________________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Only time to write something short. Thanks everyone. I didn't smoke and did learn a lesson. My instincts told me to say, "no" when he wanted to come over, I should trust my instincts more. In the first week, is not a good time to test my patience. I did have lots of time to think. Chickstarr-"Kicking him to the Kerb" right now, would be in my best interested. I am a bit addicted to him- it's insane. He treats me well when he's around me, but he doesn't seem to have any consideration of my time. Mama- kids- my son said the same thing to me yesterday morning. I really wanted to give him a good whack in the mouth, instead I yelled at him, telling him how inappropriate that language is from a young man. I went on and on and on- I think I tortured him a lot more than a hit would have. I am sorry about your daughter saying that :( Cyberduke- I can see that. Need to be stronger. Need to have higher self esteem. Need to call him on his BS. Rusty, yep, time to move on. Well, he was pretty wasted when he got here, so I didn't send him back out on the road. I let him pass out on the couch. Thanks for letting me write this out, Zany Hey look, the day 4 is over. Bring Day 5 on! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Thanks Breaking Free, He just makes me feel so dang lonely. If only he wouldn't make promises, dates, whatever, and then not keep them, I would be so much happier and healthier. I was content until I received his call now 2 and a half hours ago. Obviously, I couldn't just lay on the couch. I do think- aspirin or in order and my bed- crying takes a lot out of me. Well, good night all, I lived through this with cigs. I, certainly, should be able to make it without them. (the last 2 sentences were just self affirmation) Off to find my aspirin and fuzzy slippers.
This is serious. On Thursday nights, my ex sometimes shows up for a date, sometimes not. I pass the time spiffy-ing the house, smoking cigs, and drinking beer. Well, tonight, he called about 2 hours ago. He wanted to see me. I said, "no" and then a few minutes later, "sure, why not?" He was suppose to be here about a half hour to an hour ago. While I was spiffying things up, I found a cig pack, with 15 cigs in them and broke them at the filter, tossed them in the garbage, didn't think a thing about it until now.... Now, I could really use a cig or 2, 3, 4. It's how I keep myself calm. This way I don't get angrier and angrier as the time passed. Right now, I am thinking, "God. I hate him (not God, of course,) Every single freakin' week or every other week, I go through this routine. It makes me so damn mad! :mad: I realize he's an arrogant a-hole, who thinks I'll always be here waiting. Right now, I hate him, hate him, hate him........ and I am crying." Dang nam it. As far as the quit goes, this does not detour me, this will not make me cave, this will only make me stronger...... hate, hate, hate... it's spewing from my guts! Just writing this to get my frustration and hate out.... I don't hate people, in fact, there are very few, whom I even dislike. I needed to write this to pass the time, instead of smoking. Now, I'll go lay on the couch and cover myself with an blanket... Maybe, I won't answer the dang door when it rings. Thanks for letting me vent, Zany [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Thanks Danielle, I am not, exactly, sure what you mean. I coped by doing what I have been doing everytime, I have a crave, telling myself, "It will pass. It will pass. This is so much worth it. This is so much worth it. In a few weeks, I'll be fine." The only thing I did different was venting here... What other coping skills are you talking about? Seriously, is there anything else but self talk and lollipops? Mr. Ed, Darn straight, dumping that SOB, otherwise known as nicodemon, was a great thing to do. This is my 5th day and I can feel my breathing it's much deeper. CobanFan, thanks. You're right. I simply can't deal with the ex now and quitting. Thank You all, Zany [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zany, Only you know if your ex is a waste of space. However, the other one you're talking about, Mr Nicodemon, I do know and I'll tell you, he is a 100% waste of space. Never helped anybody, just caused more problems all round. You did right to dump HIM - never let him back in your life! Mr Ed :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �922.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: