Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

The smallest of Gifts

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Phillip. Look at that 110 day stat ... be proud. Throw that in Nicodemon's face. Tell him to get lost. Don't forget all your coping skills. Rest. Feel better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$54,487.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 12

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, Nice to hear your keeping busy and persevering! Good work! Danielle ______________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, Keep doing what you're doing! Rewarding yourself in little or big ways is essential! Your brain use to get it's release of "pleasure happy hormones" from smoking. By replacing the cigarette with something else that makes you happy, your helping your brain get that release and in turn you feel happier. Everybody wins! Thanks for sharing, Danielle __________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is great, Phillip! If it is working for you then that is what matters the most!!! Hang in there buddy!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Having a hard time today. Very tired accomplished a lot. Have new space tiometable for move by end of month. Lots of anger about being forced to move and also excited about mew possiblity. Everywhere today up down in out smelling smokers in their cars on the road with windows closed? Off and on with the craves and simply ignoring them abd then they hit. I think this on off crave thing is part of why I am really tired. Hmmm. Thats me in a nutshell. Sorry I don't have much to give here and I know I will post when I can and I have to make all the other parts of my life work right now. See you all soon. Not smoking and struggling and looking for where I can be peaceful. AND I really am not smoking and the thought is there a lot. Peace Phillip :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $825 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
The smallest of gifts and the most simple rewards are doing a great deal to make me feel better. The weekend for me was a stressful and anxt ridden place. From Sunday morning until now I have been giving myself little treats. Small things that even I might not see as a treat and they are really treats. I went to a paint store yesterday and played with colours, I did a half hour of garden tending this morning, I had a tiny scoop of ice-cream last night after swimming. I have been doing things that give me little me time breaks thru the day that are a pleasure and are not work or related to work. These little me time breaks allow me to get back into the middle rather than being all tipped over into the crave or getting away from the crave. Amazing how trimming a plant or picking through a catalogue pass the time and move my mind from where it was to something different. Very much how posting on this site works or how drinking a glass of water works. What a different and unusual place to be, gifting to myself, rewarding to myself. HMMMMM Not like I am super experienced with this and I noticed today that when I was doing these little things that I felt a huge amount better. Thanks PHillip :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $817.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
So much of this is how I look at what it is I do and what I do for myself. How do I reward myself and what do I need to do in order for my brain to totally get that it is being rewarded. In the vein of glass half empty, half full do I constantly look at/experience the gifts that I give myself as small or are they simply gifts. When does that unknown pleasure kick in. I got so much out of simply planting and picking some flowers in my garden today that gave me such pleasure. I guess what I am trying to say is that the rewards we give ourselves need not be big or things they can simply be peace of mind or a tiny jesture that leaves a feeling of contentment or pleasure. Looking forward to finding more ways of doing this, giving myself contentment, pleasure, reward. :) Peace Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,194 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $817.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, you have discovered the secret and spilled the beans. Good for you. :) The best rewards are the small ones, the ones that cost little but return a lot. You are doing great, a quitter to emulate. Keep up the good quit, Phillip. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 379 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1440.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: