Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

My first patch-free day

18 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr Ed, first off great job on the 78 smoke free days!!! I am also on the patch, right now on the 21mg, and they do help but it's never easy. hearing that you have been successful and are doing well in so much encouragement for me, thank you. good luck and godspeed. kat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 209 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After 78 days on the patches (24, 14, and 7mg), this is my first patch-free day. Feeling OK at the moment - but nervous! Mr Ed :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,345 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �585 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Cuddles, MorningGlory, RiverDale & Lizzie, Thanks for your messages of support. Lizzie, Thanks for your reassurances. I seem to remember that you quit some time back(?) MorningGlory, Please read Lizzie's comments about decreasing the nicotine level. I found that the cravings increased slightly in the first couple of days on Patch 2, but then levelled out. I did not really notice the change from Patch 2 to Patch 3. I don't think you have anything to worry about!! I've now been awake for 8 hours 'patch free' and do not feel any different to yesterday (when I was still on Patch 3) All, Keep strong and good luck! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,351 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �585 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Thanks everybody, Day4 (nopatches) and I still feel good!! Mr Ed :) ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,434 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �607.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Hi Judy, I found that the patch affected my sleep (24hr variety), so I removed it before going to bed. Also experienced the itching and muscle pains as well. 2 months smoke-free tomorrow? Congratulations!! :) Hi Sunshine, Thanks for your kind words and you've nearly achieved '2000 cigarettes not smoked'. Fantastic! Today is day 3 and I FEEL GOOD! Yesterday evening I went running after work, then sat out on my patio with a glass of wine (yes, I still have some vices!). I thought back to my pre-quit week in February, when I considered such a scenario, glass of wine in one hand, but no cigarette in the other, and thought to myself, 'well I'll be missing out, but I want to quit, so c'est la vie'. WRONG! Having sat in the evening sunshine for over an hour, it was only on my way back to the house when I realised that I hadn't even thought about smoking during that time! Generally, the cravings are minimal, certainly no more than when I was on the 7mg patch, and as each day goes by, they occur less and less. I was worried about coming off the patches, but now realise that there was nothing to worry about! Thanks for the encouragement, and I hope my words can encourage any doubters who don't believe that things really do get better! Mr Ed :) :) ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,404 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �600 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit the patch after a month because of itchey rash and didn't notice any difference in craving. Keep reading these posts and get yourself a reward for the 78 days. judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,521 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congrads! Like you I also am doing the patch today is day 63 and I am still on patch 2. I have two more days before I have one more day before I have to go out and buy patch 3.I am very scared. I wish you luck but I would love to hear from you in a few days. I am doing pretty good. I do still have some urges but it is getting better. Keep up the great work and keep us informed. Fran
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed, I didn't get in on your first day without the patch. So how is day 2 going??? Wonderful I hope... Please keep us informed. Try to stay busy. I also used the patch and had a few craving after the patch was gone. But nothing like HELL WEEK, I just can't imagine that. But I do so admire those that can go cold turkey. Congratulations on those huge 78 now 79 days..... :) Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,984 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $406 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$229,933.69

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 18

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed, wow you are doing great. I'm glad to hear that you are running and I know your lungs are working much better. Like Hummingbird said all these people running naked and free. It feels so great to have that nicotine out of our bodies. So now we just have to make sure we keep that freedom. I love it and I know that you do also. Keep on fighting and you will win the BIG WAR... Stay as close as you can to the site and post when you can.. Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,004 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $409.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$229,933.69

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 18

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Mr Ed. You are doing great. Keep up the good work! Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,487 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $555 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: