Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

sleepless nights

18 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi its me again,cold turkey, its my 4th day, i,m feeling pretty awful, i,ve had another sleepless night,The days dont seem to bad, I,m copeing very well through the day, has anybody got an answer,my concentration is out the window, does it get any easier.I was a 2 pack a day, I cant believe i havnt had a cig in 4 days. mikomi.
18 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Mikomi1! By the way, don't forget to check that little box just above the 'Post' button to show your Quit Meter. Be proud of that! I'm currently on Day 9 myself. I have had the problems sleeping. Around Day 4-5 was the worst for me. I could hardly keep my eyes open. However, it is getting better. I wouldn't even say it's been a big issue the past few days. I am still having problems sleeping, but I also generally feel better anyways, so it's sorta balancing everything out. :) Only suggestion I would make is that no matter how much it may suck to do it, get some excercise. It really does help. And post here often, read lots, and stay close! Keep up the quit! Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mikomi, You may find it difficult to believe at the moment, but of course it will get better! Listen to many of the happy quitters who will never consider going back. If it didn't get better, nobody would quit! Wishing you all the luck in the world.... Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,345 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �585 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mikomi, When you first quit or cut down, you may find it difficult to sleep as long as you used to. Two things can cause this are: 1) As a smoker your sleep may have been interrupted by constant coughing and/or difficulty breathing. When you stop smoking, your body gets healthier and the sleep you get is more restful. So if you wake up suddenly at 5:00 a.m., you may think you are a victim of insomnia. You're probably not! Your body has probably had all the sleep it needs. 2) Smoking drains your body's energy. When you quit smoking you regain this energy. You may need fewer hours of sleep. How long will this last? The first few weeks after quitting. Tips to help: Try making sure you have a regular sleeping schedule. If you wake up in the middle of the night do some light stretches, or read a book to help you get to sleep. Please continue to visit us with your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you again soon. Melanie _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: