Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

The point of no return

17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[i]It's a combo of age and necessity. Smoking at forty stares you in the face harder that smoking at 25.[/i] I agree. I thought I reached the point of no return about 4 months into my first quit. Then 7 months later after being bombarded by second hand smoke for a few weeks, I just up and said, "I can smoke again. No problem. I'll be able to quit again." Now, I am out of the smoky atmosphere, but finding quitting a tad difficult. Be careful. Always, Zany
17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Looking forward to my day Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 205 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Pam. My "point of no return", the time when I knew I would never smoke again was day 1 of this quit. Notice I say this quit. There have been others and I didn't have that same feeling of NEVER AGAIN. I don't know exactly why this was different. It's a combo of age and necessity. Smoking at forty stares you in the face harder that smoking at 25. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 330 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,951 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2376 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Every quitter reaches a point where they just KNOW that they won�t ever smoke again. For me, that moment first came when I was having a really hard day a few months ago... I think it was January. I bought a pack of cigarettes, contemplated what I would be giving up, and then destroyed them� one by one while reading my reasons for quitting. Since then, I have been in a few really tough situations, but I always knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it just wasn�t going to happen, despite past failures. This is a really good feeling, especially when things are bad and you�re really down and upset. It�s like the silver lining around a dark gray cloud. I think this was especially important for me because I�d given up my quit before, so reaching that time was very special and marked a true transformation in my life. I believe that every quitter reaches this point at some time or another. For some, I think that moment is much sooner than for others. What I want to know is, when was that moment for you? I think most of us have more than one... but the first one is the one that really changes your thinking. So for quitters who have experienced this, what was it that brought this very important change around? I want this thread to encourage newer quitters by having some of the more experienced ones talk about when it was that you just knew that you�d never ever ever ever ever go back. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 185 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,649 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $764.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great thread Butterfly! We are happy to hear that you were able to cope with the cravings. It is great for you to explain to us that we can get through our withdrawals. Thanks for sharing your story with us today! Also, congratulations to you on being 185 days quit! YAHOO!! Have a great day :) Melanie _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: