Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

down down down

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, Maybe you just need a nap, some of your favorite food, a funny movie (and do I mean FUNNY!) Do something that makes you say "Yep, life is good". I just got back from Fannie May Chocolate store to get some Raspberry buttercreams cuz I felt like rewarding myself today after walking my dog for a 1/2 mile. You hang in there and those blues will go away. Also an uplifting book is a great choice for times like these. Keep up the Excellent job, sending you sunshine from Indiana. We look up to you as an "upperclassman!" It's not all kittens and puppies, but sometimes IT IS!!!!! ;) Hangin In Not Givin In, CobenFan (Christine M). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Riverdale.I hope you feel better soon.Here's a hug. Trudy :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
R-D Man! It's okay to feel down sometimes, it's okay as long as you don't smoke. I feel pretty much the same, but we both know that this will past. Think about the good days you have had with this quit. Think about how happy and proud you have been. I know that you don't want to lose the quit. You know what - one of my co-workers just came into the office we share and I can tell that he just had a cigarette. The whole office smells of his cigarette and you know what? It smells awful! We don't want to go down that path again, right? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 714 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $211.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
R-D Man - Do you swim today?? Maybe that will help.I am always envious of your swim time. I used to be on a Master's team but now I probably couldn't swim a lap! LOL! Your encouragment and support for everyone on this site is tremendous! We all can't be excited and fun all the time (but wouldn't that be nice??) - we have to have a little down time. Take care and take some "me" time today. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5858 Hours: 21

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Man I feel down today. I have had altered taste sensations in my mouth all day. That metallic acidy taste just stays there. Feel tired and down. Have even thought of smoking and the thought simply sends me back into the cave. Not certain of what I will do for work tonigt and I have to be there and I hope I am not a B@#$h, oh well. I don't feel excited about much and if I do the excitement wains in minutes. I was all high about my garden and what was coming up. And that just seems flat today. It is bright and suny nd warm today and that also seems just flat. I never know if I should post this stuff and my thought is do it all radically different and see what happens. So here I am I am quiet and I think I will just put my hands up over my head, wave the white flag and surrender to the blaghs. (all te while chanting this too shall pass, this too shal pass, this too shall pass,[and crying now please, now please] this too shall pass, this too shall pass) AND there is a part of me that wants that excitment and fun loving part of me back and back pronto. Sorry to feel so down and that is for me what is in this moment. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Sunflower Thanks We certainly don't want to go down that path and I personally would bring something that is really stinky in with me to work and leave it under his desk, something like a big bottle of that nasty stuff they squirt on you in the department stores in the winter. HMMMMM I said yesterday or the day before that walking into that cloud of second hand smoke looked like it should be good and oh man it was not. There have been some really wonderful times on this little journey and it is important to remember them. Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Nanny good for you with your great quit. WOW 94 days hooray! And good for you for letting your DR know and for him to congratulate you. Positive reenforcement!!!! And yes it really is all one day at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,053 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Just back from work. Thanks Coben Fan, and I think I am really tired is all. I get tired easily. And Redrosie thank you (I HAVE NOT BEEN FEELING MYSELF TODAY) LOL. Island Girl I don't and I swim tomorrow, the club that I swim with is a masters club, I surprise myself each practice cause I had never swum before the middle of January this year. Shevie the altered taste will go away and I would like it sooner rather than later, Thanks for the response. Trudy and Cybrduke I thank you for responding. All of this I know will pass. There is always tomorrow. I am always thankful that ther eis always tomorrow. :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,058 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Thanks Redrosie and Lady. I do feel more myself today. The rewards are very important and the acknowledgement that I feel in whatever I give to myself. Thanks Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,067 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $397.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know how you feel I was just like you about the same time in my quit!I cryed for 2 days and could not quit.After my cry I was ok again.Friday I went to my Dr. and I told him I was 90 days quit and he was so proud of me.So Riverdale man hang in there you can do it ONE DAY AT A TIME [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,892 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27

Reading this thread: