Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,638 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FJANA MARJORIE, RJANINA CLAIRE, CEARL JOHN, RBARDAJE, CuppaJo

Rd Man The Quit and all the Stories

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip... I hope I didn't offend you. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 273 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $955.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Phillip... The key to success in beating this addiction does lie within each and every one of us. It is the determination not to fail that gets us through. We make a choice not to smoke, not to give in to the junkie thinking, and the changes that occur within the depths of our souls are a direct result of this process. What it all boils down to is taking one step at a time, putting one foot in front of the other and continuing to march regardless of the obstacles that present themselves before us. I do not have a desire to engage in a theological discussion with you. I don�t think I have enough reference and knowledge to stand up to someone with your analytical skills. All I have is my personal experience and beliefs. I�m enjoying this journey with you, you are challenging me to think and look deeper than I already have at the changes in my life. With that said let�s continue along this journey of the road less traveled and look forward to celebrating many milestones along the way. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 273 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $955.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Phillip... Have a seat my friend. This is going to be long. I have so enjoyed watching your quit grow and seeing you express the changes I've felt as well. That being said, I cannot sit back and let your last post go without giving you my point of view. Do I believe that God makes us quit... No Way! We got ourselves into this mess and we have to get ourselves out. Do I believe God gives us strength when we ask for it... yes I do. I also believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion about the Lord, a Higher Power, God, Buda, or the rocking chair on the back deck, or the non-existence of any of the above. However...... I have something I would like to share with you. Personal experience.... And I might add this is very personal..... I have been through lots of tough times when I really wasn't sure how I was going to feed or cloth my children. I have been jobless with 2 kids to take care of, a mortgage to pay, and no one to turn to. The good Lord above provided for us... out of the blue sky... day after day and that is when I began to believe even though I had been a church goer on and off for most of my life. Years went by and I got a little comfortable in that. A situation came up that I couldn't handle...didn't know what to do.. but I wanted to do what was right. You see I had made a mistake and God was dealing with me and allowing me to suffer the consequences of that mistake. It was a doozie too, trust me.... Regardless, the situation caused me to put my faith back in the Lord where it belonged and he brought me through. We all get into our comfort zones and we have to be careful of where those zones lead us. I can tell by your post that you believe in good and evil and that you try to be on the good side of that. It comes through in the emotions that you express here. Quitting smoking is a soul searching, life changing experience..... You will hear me say that time and time again. I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. I want to share with you a story.... Just a little food for thought. As always... Take what you want and leave the rest... :) Regardless of what you may think of this post, you could chuck it all, You are still a great quitter in my book! A university professor challenged his stu
Riverdale Man... I use to get the weekend blahs a lot. Find something to occupy yourself and your mind will follow. Replace the junkie thinking with possitive thoughts. Look how far you have come. Six weeks is a huge accomplishment. It is probably time for some type of reward. It doesn't have to be anything major, just something to say "Hey, I've done a great job!" I always found shopping to be great for the blahs...however, I am female :) . Have a great weekend. Chin up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 274 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,488 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $959 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Phillip... If I have been able to help you in any way what so ever then I am accomplishing my mission here. Thank you for your kind words. I am here to try and help as many people as I possibly can beat a horrible addiction that has conrolled me most of my life. I do this because the freedom is so awesome I want all smokers to experience it. You see, I never truly believed I could be free and now that I am I want to show others that they can be as well. Good night Phillip. You have a great quit and I'm proud of you. You are coming along very well. Keep searching... that's part of the excitement of this wonderful journey we are on. The journey of "me". [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 277 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $969.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Phillip. [color=red][size=4]50 Days is AWESOME!!!!!!!![/size][color=black] What an awesome quit you have there. You will find it gets a lot easier now to stay quit. You may run into bad days here and there but nothing you can't handle. I'm proud of you. Your attitude is awesome and so is your quit. Celebrate. You deserve it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 281 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $983.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Phillip. You found that 30 day pitt I was telling you about. As I see it people handle this in one of two ways. Option #1 - Time for a "me" day. Take some time off from work and just kind of wallow is self pity, sleep, don't do much of anything and say goodbye to the old smoking you. or Option #2 - Get off your butt and go do something. Get your smoke free lungs pumped up, go get a reward, do something fun. Anything that will make you feel better. Personally when I was at this point, I chose option #1 because I just didn't feel like doing anything. I cried, slept, watched tv and just kind of took it easy until it passed. Others have found that ignoring it makes it go away. Only you know what will work for you but know that it will pass. Just hang in there. A lot of people give up in this stage of the quit. The thrill of quitting is gone. Your journey has just begun my friend. You are on your way to freedom. Keep going. We are here for you, post when you need us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 263 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,269 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $920.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Hey all you quitters out there feeling down and sad this weekend..... Pick yourselves up! You are smoke free and that is a marvelous accomplishment. You are all around the 30-50 day point in your quits. I remember this time quite well. It was full of ups and downs. We had a large group of quitters at this stage of my quit and we called ourselves the Smobers. We all clung to eachother between 30 and 100 days. We had weekend parties because the weekends always seemed to be the most depressing time and the time we really missed our friend, the cigarette. We wrote songs, told jokes, laughed, cried, yelled, bared our souls, leaned on each other and just kept helping each other along the road that leads to freedom. I highly recommend you guys get together and do the same. A lot of us never would have made it without those threads. I still keep in touch with a lot of those same people. We have a bond that will forever remain in my heart. You are all doing great! I love reading your posts. You are all so possitive, even in the darkest moments. That's what it's all about folks. You are traveling down the road less traveled and you are doing a fine job. Congratulations to all of you! Hang in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 268 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $938 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Phillip. Welcome to the wonderful world of being quit. Some days are better than others. Just hang in there because like you said, this will pass. You have a great quit going. Keep up the good work and before you know it you will begin to feel so much better. Quitting is so worth it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 243 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,879 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $850.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Riverdale man. Some days are like that. You are fine and your attitude is awesome. I've spent many a afternoon wallowing in self pity. I think in the early part of the quit we are allowed. After a while the other members will start kickin you out of the pity pot but for now you are safe :p. Jan...hide! I heard Shevie, Golferman and Duffis are all looking for you. Something about you calling them grumpy old men. That coming from you........The Grumpy Butt! :) We are all grumpy sometimes. It is part of the process. Hope these replies have at least made you smile. If not post again and we'll give it another go. :) Have a great afternoon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,973 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $868 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: