Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

50 Day Ash Kickers CONGRATULATIONS

18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you Janet? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,366 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $185 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Janet I am so happy for you Things are going your way. I am so happy with my quit I can't wait to snuggle with my grand kids in April I am SOOOOO excited It is great to have such a great support group like the ash kickers WE WILL have fun at the beach [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $185 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
I am looking forward to your big 50 day celebration tomorrow WOOOHOOO GOOD FOR YOU!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $185 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! I know that I wouldn't have made it this far without all of you guys. I can't believe that I haven't smoked in 50days.. That's unheard of. The last time I went that long without smoking I was 9. CRAZY!! My sister asked me how it was (she still smokes) and there was only one thing to say to sum it all up. [center]Sometimes you feel like a Nut and sometimes you Don't!!! I know that's the mounds song but I think it really fitting. Sometimes I really want a cigg and sometimes I don't even think about it. Sometimes I feel like I am going to kill everyone who crosses my path and sometimes I am so happy I can't stand it. I know that this hasn't been easy and I know that I have a LONG road ahead of me still but I am so glad that I made it this far. And I am so gald that I have you guys to help me along that journey. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all! I am sorry that I haven't posted for a while. My husband and I are leaving for a cross-country trip (3rd one now) in a week or so, and I have been so busy getting ready. Today I have been a non-smoker for 50 days!! Yaaay me!! There are so many differences (subtle and not-so-subtle) in my body and my mind since I quit that's it's hard to list them all. To sum up the physical changes........I walk my dog every day, but now I can walk a whole mile without panting for air! I don't wheeze, I don't cough at all, I smell great, my throat never "feels funny", I don't burn my fingers anymore, my teeth are getting whiter, and my brain cells have stopped dying off! A funny thought just came into my mind as I fired up my puter. In my "smoking life" (40 years of it!) I used to have to clean my desk and computer area once a week with Pine Sol because of the yellowish grime everywhere and the awful stink that cigarettes caused. I washed the ashtray daily because it stunk, and had to vaccuum constantly to get those "flying" ashes all over the floor. It is so nice not to have to do that! Silly thought, but one of HUNDREDS that I have had since my quit, and thoughts like these are showing me over and over the wonderful new life as a non-smoker I have! And emotional changes? An example is a thought that I had while buying a birthday card for one of my grandaughter's birthday party (she is 11 today). I thought how nice it is going to be to give her a big birthday kiss and not have to be careful to keep my cigarette breath away from her nose! She always turned her head a bit when we kissed, but now I get a BIG kiss and hug from her because, as she says... "Nana, you don't smell like cigarettes anymore". It's the many, many little joys like that that keep me going. I feel like every day is a fresh, new, spring-like day! One more biggie! On this cross-country trip, it has been miserable grabbing a smoke in the car here and there (hubby quit 23 years ago). He never stopped me, but I hated subjecting him to that, and of having to get "smoking" rooms at hotels and motels that stink! Now I will have more time to enjoy this beautiful country of ours instead of fretting over "how" and "when" my next ciggie will happen. Sorry for going on and on.........I'm n
18 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ditto Fransesca...........I forgot to congratulate all other Ash Kickers on this great milestone!! Awesome goin' all!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,033 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made it to 50 days!!!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 807 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Kenoqueen, Jess, Francesca, Rosie, IWin, Boosky and Polly. You are all truly Kickin Ash. Proud of all of you and hang in there. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/cake.gif [img] Just Say N.O.P.E. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$25,057.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 635 Hours: 21

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[img] http://stubow.com/ssc/cong.gif [img] I am so excited for you that I am posting this tonight so you all will be able to see it in the morning. You guys are 1/2 way to "The Beach" now. Tell us all how it feels. You guys rock that have stayed quit since the 1st of Jan. Just Say N.O.P.E. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$25,057.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Come on 50 day Ash Kickers where are you all? Just Say N.O.P.E. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 963 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$25,057.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: