Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,679 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

End of another friends quit

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did a post last week that I had found out that one of my dear friends who had been quit for 2 years had begun smoking again and my dissapointment. I found out yesterday that yet another of my good friends who has been quit for 6 months has started again. These are the two people that I hang around the most and I am sooo very sad for them. My friend who had been quit for 6 months tried to justify it to me yesterday by saying it was just until she could lose weight. I did get upset with her because again that is just a cop out as far as I am concerned. I am not afraid of this affecting my quit as I feel confident in my quit especially today at my 100 day mark ( I am plugging that wherever I can . haha) but what I cant get past is that both of these women are in their mid and late 50's and had a wonderful quit going and are both right back where they started. It just hurts me to think that they may not be around as long as they would have if they would have stuck to their quit. I will always give them my love and support no matter what but it is just another reminder how much I HATE that nicodemon. He is evil and is trying to take my friends. Thanks for letting me get this out and for all of your support through EVERY ONE of my posts. Going back to the beach now for that tropical drink. It is 7:30 in the morning and I am ready for my 1st nap !!!! CJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,007 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$63,611.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6426 Hours: 7

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ.... Addiction is a horible thing. I'm sure that before long your friends will be missing their quits and be focusing on starting again. I know you will be a good example to them and that you will be there for them when they need you. Congrats again on 100 days. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 230 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $805 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ: I bet within a few months your friends will be quitting again. Once you have tasted freedom....you want it back!!! You are setting a great example for them. Stay Strong for them... Brenna [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/2/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 379 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,588 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1705.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$32,240.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 640 Hours: 0

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ, Way to hold on! You can do this so protect your quit! It is unfortunate that the nicodemon took over, but it didn't get you. 100 days is outstanding! Be proud :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: