Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Soundtrack To Quitting

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jess, Thanks for this post. Keep up the great work. Stay Strong. Melanie, __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea! Thanks, I'm going to try and sing it with that in mind the next time I hear it. Oh yeah, that's something else I've been enjoying so much more - singing! Since I don't have to stop and clear my throat every few seconds! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is a new song by Natasha Bedingfield called Unwritten and as soon as i heard it I thought this is a great song for all of us quitters to here. Below are the lyrics.. Hope you like it.. I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned Staring at the blank page before you Open up the dirty window Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find Reaching for something in the distance So close you can almost taste it Release your inhibitions Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins The rest is still unwritten Oh, oh, oh I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way Staring at the blank page before you Open up the dirty window Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find Reaching for something in the distance So close you can almost taste it Release your inhibitions Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins The rest is still unwritten Staring at the blank page before you Open up the dirty window Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find Reaching for something in the distance So close you can almost taste it Release your inhibitions Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins Feel the rain on your skin No one else can fee
18 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anyone got any songs that when they hear sort of motivates them to stay quit. One thats good for me in Kelly clarkson "Since You've Been Gone" Its supposed to be about a guy but it can easily be replaced with cigarettes. theres a line "since you been gone, I can breathe for the first time..." Sorry im posting too much but this helps me!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$23,744.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 444 Hours: 19

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
*high five* for 50 ways Hummy ;)
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My quit smoking theme song is "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. "First I was afraid I was petrified Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side But I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong I grew strong I learned how to carry on..." The entire song can very easily be about quitting smoking. I LOVE that song and I grew to love it even more after I quit smoking. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,592 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $339.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 191 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everybodies got something to hide, cept for me and my Monkey. Beatles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 330 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1980 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$383,180.63

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9893 Hours: 13

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again Ang :) Good 4u for taking the time to post today and staying motivated in your quit! My song is "Ain't no stopping me now"! WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!! No matter what don't lite up... Keep on keepin on... Cherie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 351 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,033 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1404 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$26,754.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 585 Hours: 9

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ang, You might enjoy one of Shevie's post: [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=25230&forum=1]click here[/url] Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 280 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1820 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$472,305.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 9

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: