Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,694 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

A foolproof way to an easy quit

18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent thank you Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 846 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $114.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Brent! What a wonderful gift of gab you have! Your posts have been an inspiration, and the one above just got me through thinking of that morning cig with my coffee........thanks so much!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 645 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent, You are quite mad my friend. I am so glad that you will still be beachin when I get there as your posts are incredibly entertaining. I know you will be ale to throw one h*@l of a party. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$25,125.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 637 Hours: 15

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Brent. You are one funny guy.Always fun to read your posts. Can I be the quiet neighbor, who in reality is a spy who has all the latest gadgets? I could go around the world battling Nicodemon where ever I am needed. [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/Happy_1264.gif[/IMG] Sorry, My imagination took off there for a miniute or 2. It must be all that extra oxygen to my brain![color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 777 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $265.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent, Thanks for the post. My favorite is the soap. You nailed it for me. I'm not good at writing down what I feel but, it has helped me just reading everyone's posts. Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/30/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 964 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent, That was great, thanks for the good read :) kitty [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 428 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Soap update. The dog has been put down and the carpet thrown out. It was so wet in there that Duffis got trenchfoot. Lady is the best preened bird on the block and Brent has choked on humble pie. Joe has become consumed with guilt and has opened a retreat for slippers and we have all got so large that we have shown up on the early warning defense network as an aircraft carrier. Thanks for the amazing responses guys and girls. I'm always surprised and delighted to get a reaction. The intention however is not to get lots of replies, I simply find it theraputic to write whatever comes into my head. It's part of my quit process. I also want to say that although I make fun of some situations and people from time to time, it is not meant to offend or upset and is done with a great deal of affection.......especially for you Duffis. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 403 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Lady, you are the most gorgeous, wonderful, ravishing, intellegent and delightful young woman that I have ever virtually met. I am not worthy to type in the same hyperspace as you. The reference to "old" was metaphorical in your case.....you have 216 days quit compared to my paltry 56. Joe and I are "old", and Duffis.....well Duffis is Gandalf really, who at last count was 816. I apologise unreservedly and without hesitation and am prepared to come over and stroke your feathers for hours if necessary. :p However, I am very ugly and you may not want me to. Grovelling mad englishman ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 395 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Hi everyone, mad englishman here with a few minutes..... I'm really still a "newbie" at this and when you compare my quit meter to some of the old stalwarts like Bubba, Golferman, Lady and Duffis (and if I've not mentioned you its nothing personal!), you will see what I mean. However, I think that I have learned a little something as an SSC addict (classic post N2K!). So as I sit here on my browsers butt boils, I wanted to share something about craves and withdrawal and fear and all the things that seem to make it so hard to stop. There are three ways to stop smoking. 1. Die. It's very effective. You stop breathing, possibly as a result of an illness caused by smoking. It's guaranteed 100% effective, therefore you don't get the money back guarantee. The money involved by the way is about �100,000 over the life of a 2 pack a day 30 year smoker in the UK. 2. Revelation. The "normal" method of stopping. This is the position when the desire to stop smoking outweighs the desire to light up. It sometimes follows a series of failed quits or "slips". Somehow, with enough knowledge of the addiction, an understanding of what will happen when we stop, the junky thoughts etc, we manage to get through the awful hell week, heck week and blah weeks. Eventually we become ex-smokers. Then we guard against "smugness" and loss of memory. We forget how bad it was to stop and the desparate craves. We understand that we are addicts and that we can never take another puff. As a side ramble, we occasionally get posts about cigars. "are they as bad?", "Maybe I'll smoke cigars to get me through stopping smoking". I find it sad that people have that little knowledge about smoking and still expect to succeed. There will always be the exceptions, the people that I admire who simply wake up one morning and stop. They never look back and cannot understand the fuss, I'm married to one who stopped 13 years ago with her first pregnancy and genuinely does not understand that its the hardest thing that most of us will ever do. Then we have the NRT or not NRT issue..........whatever works for you is OK by me. One indisputable fact for me is the power of the support community here. I feel that I would have failed without the humour, knowledge and virtual handholding that
18 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent, You dont have to be crazy(or mad) to be a member of SSC...but it helps. :p Keep up the crazy posts. Tony :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 641 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: