Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Sinking Fast

18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My hand is reaching out to you Lady, Just grab it. You helped me yesterday and now it's my turn to be strong for you. You can do it.. I know the dreams are weird aren't they. To real if you ask me. You wake up thinking to yourself "did I really just somke that or was it a dream". And like you said, there thoughts not craves, fight it. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady -- Through the course of my quit (7 days so far). I have noticed that many people talk of a "really stressful week" for those first 7 days. Everything seems to go wrong. I sat back and looked at my first week this morning and realized it wasn't any different than any other week. The fact that I wasn't smoking simply added a huge black cloud of stress over the entire thing. Try and keep that positive attitude.
18 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Lady, You sound sooo sad and alone. But please know that you are not alone. Since I stopped smoking I've been having some pretty creepy dreams myself. And as far as thinking about smoking. Last night I was talking to a friend by telephone. I told her I felt like going out to get a pack of cigaretts. I also told her that I would make sure I was lying down just in case I fainted; I wouldn't have to worry about falling and hitting my head or breaking any body parts :). There are days when I don't crave cigaretts that much. But for some reason yesterday, I just felt like smoking one after the other. Even now, I feel like smoking. Sometimes I just sit and read the different post that are posted on this sight. That helps me a great deal. I have another addiction, but I've been cleaned for over 20 years. So I apply some of my slogans from my other addiction to this one. I do not smoke, just for today. I do not have to worry about tomorrow. Just for the day. I you feel that today is tooo much then break it down to seconds. I will not smoke just for this second. Hang in there. Just think about all of the money you will save. If you are anything like me, I loooooooovvvvvvveeeee clothes. The money you save could be a shopping spree, or perhaps a vacation :). Best of luck to you. Keep the good work up, good girl, You can do it :p. I don't mean to sound condensending its just that I'm around little children a lot and I say things to them like good girl or good boy, and they love when I say that. To be honest as old as I am when one of my friends say good girl I love it, I beam with a big smile as if I was 5 years old . :p. I just read your quit meter, LADY you are doing great. And look at all of the money you've saved as well as Life gained. Now he life gained is more important than anything else. Lady you've come to far to turn around now. If all else fails, pray and pray much. Bobby [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 194 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $62.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blue Ribbon for you Lady. My hand is there with many others. Just grab hold and keep thinking those positive thoughts. We ALL LOVE you here. We would survive, but it would be a devastating loss. I know your quit outweighs the desire to smoke, but we all want you to know that you are loved and supported here. I personally would not be the same without you. Kickin ASh in 05 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$24,937.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 632 Hours: 20

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Meg reaches for ladys hand, .... and we dance ,,, move girl get your wonderful lungs breathing, feel how good that is .. yes we can keep dancing HUh, im not out of breath... stinking thinking will only make you smelly.
18 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, I am so sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. I'm a little short on positive sayings at the moment (havent quite finished my first cup of coffee) but, this one comes into mind "This too shall pass" When things got rough and bumby during my college days (which it often did) I would repeat this over and over and over in my head. Sometimes it helped, sometimes it didn't. Not very encouraging I know but, by keeping a positive attitude I was able to get through it all and still remain in one piece. You can get through this and I do understand that this isn't a craving that its just "life" Hang in there, I'm sure you will get tons of positive posts today!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lady, I remember not so very long ago you replying to one of my posts for help. I hope that this helps you. Imagine your really bad week with the added horror of smoking. Not only would you have to deal with all the problems, you would be killing yourself as well! Bad things happen whether we smoke or not.......... Good things are 194 days of being smoke free, 3,887 cigarettes not smoked, over 17 days of life gained and the rest of your life to look forward to without the sinister dark shadows of worry about your health from smoking related issues. Anyway...........stop sinking! That's an order! Brent Besides, who else would laugh at my dreadful jokes! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady: YOU have been my inspiration since I joined this site. Your posts are always so moving and helpful. I am so sorry you are having a bad week and I KNOW things will look up. I have your hand as well !!! The person you are is just like your name a true "Lady" and you are a bright light to all of us here. HAPPY THOUGHTS !! CJ :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $179.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$63,578.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6422 Hours: 23

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady: I know exactly what you are talking about. I miss it terribly too but just think; a year from now we can sit out on the deck with a cup of coffee or tea and relax without thinking of smoking. I never realized when I quit how smoking had crept into all aspects of my life. I was just baking cookies and missing it because normally I would bake and then go out on the porch for a smoke; it is just what I got used to doing; isn't that sick; There was a time, back when we were young, really young for me that we didn't have the bad habit of smoking. I know you won't smoke but there are better days ahead I am sure. Keep up the good work and just go to bed when it gets really depressing; that is what I do. Shadow ba [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 678 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $167.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, you have helped me so many times. I want you to know I, along with the rest of us,are with you... The only thing I wanted to share with you is the feeling you would have if you did smoke just one. I have lost 2 long quits before finding this site. First, it will taste AWFUL!! Second, you will have the same tough week going but with the added guilt of a failed quit. I know you won't give in. You are too strong to do that... I think we all have to endure the romantic thoughts you are experiencing... The grass is NOT greener on the other side of your quit... This too shal pass!! Stay strong we are all here for you. Keith :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,099 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: