Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Happy

14 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As Diva mentions it does come and go. Some days I can be content with the littlest things, that it is sunny outside, that I managed to get out of bed before noon, and even ate breakfast and made my bed. And somedays nothing can make me happy...not a message from a friend, not my favourite tea, nothing.

You know and people say happy is what you make it to be, happyness is learned. I believe that to a degree...sometimes you can choose to be happy...I live in a great country and I am free to express myself and live the way I choose to live. As you can see this is one of those moments, where I am on the high end of the roller coaster, and not the low one...
14 years ago 0 224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance, interesting definition of the word happy: delighted, pleased, glad over a particular thing.

Well, how do you feel about having started your aptitude testing for a career placement? How do you feel about going to meetings and training for your financial services business? How do you feel about coming such a long way with quitting smoking?

You should be very pleased and proud of yourself. These are all things that show that you are taking back control of your life. You mentioned moments when you were happy in your past, what about now, what are some things (even if they are little things) that make you feel delighted, pleased or glad?

Luciana, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Lance,

I just wanted to drtop in and say hang in there.Oh and congratulations on your Quit! Woohoo!

Hang in there. Happy eventually comes back. I have been in deep dark pits. I know how it feels. The truth is I ended up having to check myself in to a psych ward at one point. I usually don't like talking about it, but I am telling you so you know I know how it is to be at the bottom. But happy eventually came back. It took work and putting things in place that helped, but happy came back. And I have my good and bad phases. And even now, in a dark phase I am still better off then before. I still get happy moments in between all that tired. So hang in there. Happy is there, just around the corner for all of us.
14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I Googled Happy

hap⋅py [hap-ee] Show IPA
Use happy in a Sentence
–adjective, -pi⋅er, -pi⋅est. 1. delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person.
2. characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.
3. favored by fortune; fortunate or lucky: a happy, fruitful land.
4. apt or felicitous, as actions, utterances, or ideas.
5. obsessed by or quick to use the item indicated (usually used in combination): a trigger-happy gangster. Everybody is gadget-happy these days.

But all I have mostly is scared, worried, hopeless and sad. 

I want HAPPY

So I posted on the SSC site, cause its been hard and my  reply was part of my saying "Say yes to a ............ I did that when I was better and dont know how to get back.

My Quit Date: 10/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 75
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,500
Amount Saved: $461.25
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 4 Mins: 31 Seconds: 31

Say Yes to a Healthy, Happy Future

Ive stated aptitute testing for career placement and Ive been going to meetings and training in my Financial services business, so Im doing what I can. Im not patient and I just miss my kids so so much. I love them and they deserve a good father, which I am not. I feel bad all the time I disapointed them.
14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,
I am sorry you are not happy and I really don't know how to help you.  I would like to suggest that maybe if you try helping someone else it may help you get your mind off of your problems for a while.  I am not going to tell you weather or not to smoke.  Like I told you before I quit smoking before and relapsed and know it is hard to keep a quit.  Maybe the people at the sister site can help you with that one.  As for the driving and working.  You can work without driving a car.  You can use public transportation to get to and from work a lot of people do.  I know you want a job and want to drive yourself to work but you may need to take it one step at a time and compromise for now and concentrate on getting yourself a job first and work on your other goals one at a time.  I  think things may then begin to fall in place for you?  It would be a good start.
Let us know what you think of this idea?

Red
Lately Im just still plain sad and lonely and cravings have been torture. I want to smoke so bad! Ive been eating till I burst to try to get some satisfaction. Nothing makes me feel good! Nothing! I dont know how to fill the void. Im back to bouts of crying, feeling hopeless and scared. I just want to go home!
I think if I was with my family and had a job that I was driving to I'd be happy. But that may be a while. I wish I knew how to be happy with what is, happy with me. Im not happy with me at all. In fact Im very un happy with me. 
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Being happy is really different for everyone. What does "being happy" mean to you? What would have to happen for you to be happy?

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: