Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Wishing for better things

15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mom of 3,

Sorry to hear you have so much hurt. I agree that sometimes it is normal to want time to think and get out of the whirlwind as wildcat put it. I wish I had something great to say but all I can say is we are here for you and you are in my thoughts.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mom of 3,   Sorry to hear you have been having a rough day. Know that sometimes it is perfectly typical to not feel like doing housework, or even talking to others. In the past, what have you found helpful during these times? Is journaling therapeutic? Or, is distracting yourself with other activities, like going for a walk helpful? Think about what activities have made you feel positive and how you can add these activities to your daily routine.   Continue to try different things that will help you feel better about yourself. And thank you for keeping us posted! We are here for you!     Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for your kind words Wildcat.  I do need to take some time to heal some of my hurt. I've been carrying it for so long that it feels like it has always been here. 

15 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi mom - missed you around here, i feel like you're the glue..... i think i'm in the same place you are. very dark and hopeless. very guilt-ridden and helpless. sometimes i wish i had never married, never had kids - i can barely take care of myself! wishing you happiness, me too, dammit!! or at least contentment, i'd take that gladly
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi MO3
it sounds like you are in a lot of hurt.  I would suggest you check in with the dr. 

if you need the time to close the shop, rest and heal.  take it. 
if you need to shut out the whirl-wind of emotions to think through the situation, get some help after to release the tempest.

and we are all here
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, I can really use them right now.  As for challenging my negative thoughts - yes, I have been trying to do that but am not great at it.  I'm really just trying to keep myself stable and not fall into the panic attack pattern.  That is simply not tolerable.  For the most part I can do that but it means shutting down my feelings.  I guess that's not good but right now I'm just trying to function.  Really haven't done much housework this weekend but I had been doing pretty well until now.  I plain just don't feel like it.  
Goofy, you're right, I did feel a sense of relief while he was gone.  Not that I wanted to but it was there and I can't deny it. It is stressful to be around him because of the hurt I carry with me.  I can't even look at him sometimes.  I know it shows but I can't seem to help it.  I'm shutting down because I just can't take the hurt anymore.

Sorry I'm so down, I don't feel very chatty right now.  In fact it is a chore to talk.  I know these are not good things and am trying to get myself out of it - just not having success right now. 
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mom of 3,

I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. As for coming here and not answering other posts that is fine. We all have done it. Sometimes we just don't have the energy to do so and it is ok. Just post here and vent anytime. We are here for you! You are in my thoughts!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mom of 3,

Sounds like you're going through a rough time right now. Have you been challenging your negative thoughts? Taking some time for yourself to reflect on the positive things in your life? Focusing on making yourself happy?
Members, any suggestions for mom of 3?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mom of 3,

Sounds like you're going through a rough time right now. Have you been challenging your negative thoughts? Taking some time for yourself to reflect on the positive things in your life? Focusing on making yourself happy?
Members, any suggestions for mom of 3?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mom of 3,  I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time.  Hugs and prayers!!!  I hope to see you around more frequently even if it's jumble thoughts.  You made plenty of sense with this post.  I am glad you got a break from hubby.  I'm sure part of your feelings were relief.  I don't mean that negatively but just one less person to have to deal with.  I'm sorry you are so down.  Stick around and don't get out of the habit of venting here.  I know for me, sometimes it is the only thing that provides some understanding and a place to go for peace of mind. 

I have really missed you, guess you may have read some of those posts and already know that.

Reading this thread: