Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

changes

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello DJ,

Thank you for your kind reply! I wish you the very best for your month of family activities! I also wish you many more opportunities for happiness and growth! Best wishes.
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ.

Have a great month with your family!  And keep up the good work, you're making alot of progress.  Write anytime, I have a feeling I'll be checking in here for awhile. 

I go on vacation in a few days but plan to take my laptop with me, so even vacation won't likely stop me, but hopefully it will be less time - that would be good, we shall see.

All the best to you and yours DJ1
15 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mom

It may be awhile till im back on  ,Iv got alot planed to do with the family over the next month,I wish you all the best,You give geat advice you make me smile,I'll be thinking of you .Later Mom
Hi again DJ,

Thank you for your reply and thank you for offering to pray for me and my family.  I can use all the prayers I can get right now. God isn't far away from you and is definately working in your life with the conclusions you've come to recently.  I hope and pray for continued successes for you and yours 
Diva
     thanks,Im learning all over again how to be a  lover. and how to treat a woman, I wish I had advice to give. but Its like I just  opend my eyes and seen an angle my wife ,she dosent need me,I need her. thanks for your kind words feel free to talk to me any time.Freind. 
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello DJ,

I feel bad for interupting your lovely conversation with Mom of 3, and I hope I don't presume too much be replying to you. Especially since we don't "know" each other. But your post just touched me very much, I think the changes you are talking about are just wonderful.The way you spoke about your wife and children was very touching. I find the fact that your family feel safe just so amazing. I felt very grateful that you posted that and really privileged to read it. So thank you for sharing.
Mom of 3

Im sorry to here thing are tought for you, I use to talk to god, but havent in a long long time,But if its ok with you I;d like to  pray for you , Iv always believed that if you ask you will receve.God is our father and what father wouldent do any thing for his child if asked.I know I don't sound like any biker .beleave me im diffrent that for shur! Faith can do wonders for a person soul, I just wish I could find mine again.Hold in there don't give up the fight,You sound like a kind person if you give the ones you love half of what you'v given me you'll  be blessed. for life. Take care of your self Mom , I wish I could give you a hug. 

It sounds like things are going very well for you and your family.  Your wife is very lucky to have you.  Someone who really looks at himself and makes changes for the good. I'm sure your wife and family aren't perfect and you could have easily decided that it was they who needed to change and blamed them for how you felt.  Instead you did what YOU could do and it has made things better.  Good for you! 

Wish I could say my summer has been good but it has been rough emotionally speaking.  I do have the feeling that my husband feels it's mostly up to me to change.  I have never claimed to be perfect and understand the issues he has raised.  I'm taking steps to change my part but am unsure he is really working hard on his - as most of this is "my fault".  I do not agree and part of the reason I've changed is due to his treatment of me.  Yes, I've told him but to date it hasn't changed much. 

I am concentrating on me and have noticed that this is the best way to approach my situation.  This makes me responsible only for my actions and attitudes and not changing his - that's up to him.

I love my husband more than words can possibly convey.  I am sad and ashamed that I let so much time go by before waking up and realizing that there was more damage to us than I had imagined.  However, it's not like he has been open and honest with me or took action either, and this he does not understand.  So here we are and it's not what I wanted or expected.

I'm hanging in there and wish for you continued success with your marriage and family.  God Bless DJ
Hi Mom of 3

I missed talking to you ,Things are getting better for me,im learning to accepy thing the way they are, and to slow down life isnt a race! I try my best to let the little things go,like triping over my daughters shoe's that she leaves in the door way. It wont be long and those shoe's won't be there any more ,and I'll wish they were there to trip over.Its no reason to blow up at there just shoe's!I try not to get the last word in ,And my wife is right most of the time,she probaly always was!
I here the words I love you alot more in our home now.How could have I been so blind in the past? things arnt perfect but there getting better.Its nice to hold my wife and here her tell me she love's me,She told me that my hands of leather feel like silk to her! I think thats a good thing! Any way I could talk about her all day long , How are you doing ? hows your summer been so far?
Hi DJ

I've been wondering where you've been. It's really good to hear from you again. It sounds like you are working hard to change things in your marriage and family.  The fact that they make you feel safe is a good thing too.  It's a sign that they mean more to you than you probably even realize.  They are a big part of you.

Marriage issues take time, as I'm finding out.  It is work and it sounds like you've made alot of progress since your last posts. Being a husband and father as your priority is good to hear from you.  I think that alot of us need to have our work lives shook up, my outlook about work had been like yours.  (It took a big slap for me to wake up)  Work is just work, it doesn't mean much if we loose what's really important.

Take care DJ, my "BA" Biker Friend

Reading this thread: