Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

pins and needles

15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your acupuncturists office sounds nice! do you find the acupuncture helps?
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you know a nice bunch of pillows and a jete.  a pot of tea.  that would make the time with the doctors easier!  the tea is a comfort thing for me ... the jete (blankie) a sence of warmth and relaxation and a way to pull myself out of time... THe pillows on a sofa or a comfie chair. 

I guess that is why i like the accupuncturist's 'office.  There is the sound of the ocean and the heat lamp for my feet when she put the pins into my bum-foot.  It is restful.  There is the faint smell of essential oils that remind me of the gardens my grandparents all had and a lot of the herbs we grow in the summer.   There is no Desk and Interview. We go over the week and discuss how my symptomes came and went with the passing days...  How I coped with the stresses of my life... what I was exposed to in my enviroment....

THe alcohol makes family easier to tolerate at the holidays!!! I am more mellow so I do not want to save the world and i do not want slap the whinners silly.  Whine and vent the other 250 days of the years but at the special occations,  shuusss. right? I know that  we are all exposed to the difficulties that make up living, and illnesses and situations only make stress worse.  But  There are just some moments that it is not -productive- to voice the pain...

So Join me in a nice virtual drink tonight and tomorrow there will be no hang-over ... my choice is a strong screw-driver (russian vodka please).
15 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I understand what your saying furgittit, but as we all know alcohol is a depressant so drinking to loosen inhibitions would be a bad idea.  Also, struggling with talking about it, in a way, is therapeutic in its own right.  The scary truth is we all need to face our emotions and issues sober.  Anything else would just be running away and making it worse.  But we are all here with you to support you.  Next time your in a tough situation where you don't feel uncomfortable talking imagine its just a very realistic anonymous chat room

Stay Strong!

Ashley, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I understand, to say them or write them sometimes makes them seem like someone else's problem not your own. 
Much easier to separate myself from the issues than to deal with the ones I have  To own the emotion is scary as heck, no-one likes the heart pounding, the cold prickles that seem to jump up from no-where and the cold sweat of fear when you realize that something is not quite right and may never be right again.

Here, it is much easier to deal with because everything is anonymous, but with your friends, family, doctors and therapists, you have to own the problems and feelings and that is very difficult.  I think that is why we are given meds, to help us loosen up our tongues but not enough to make the situation comfortable (probably much easier to get drunk and go to the counsellor, no inhibitions, just get it out, I don't drink (don't like the taste or the hangover and the mix with my meds would not be pleasant), but it would probably make things easier to discuss:))

This probably didn't help, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone.
You know Breanne.

I wish I could feel and live with my emotions as easily as I can express and analyse them.

On paper they do not threathen me and I can go on and on.  But in my body,  one the heart ponds and the tears start start!!! I am at a loss and feel like a twig on a tsunami.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat,

I think that you are very in tune with your emotions and feelings. You have deep insight into how you feel, and you are able to deal with these sentiments and even write about them ...good on ya wildcat  

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
hi Breanne,
I post the little ups and downs that are normal every day occurances and the little things that scare 'normal' people to remind me that I am allowed to react to life...

I have to remember that because I am medicated it does not mean I am to be zombied to the emotions and feelings inside.  I have to learn to live with them now.  So these little posts allow me to think about the little bits of living I am doing and how I am dealing, daily, with stress and triggers.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better wildcat!
Hang in there,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
hi.
I went for a second visit to the accupunturist today.  She is such a nice lady.  She listens to all sorts of sutles clues from the stories of my weeks sees where the energy is blocked.  Tigre is now migraine free thanks to this and my lame foot is 80% better.  My back is 2% better.

it is an odd thing

Reading this thread: