Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Goal Setting

16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sometimes a goal can be a pleasant thing. I will make it a personal goal to set aside 15 minutes to enjoy my bath. I will think of letting the bubbles slide doun my arms and feeling the caress on my skin. I will make it a goal to spend 30 minutes playing a game I enjoy. I will not be distracted by my worries, my guilt and my life for this precious moment I will give as a present to myself. A goal can be a simple short thing that teaches us that we are a person in our own right, with needs, desires and thoughts of our own. We need to learn to support and nurture ourself to have the energy to face our lives and families.
16 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Lady, Thanks for sharing these thoughts and frustrations. You are sounding very overwhelmed. To ease your frustration, you may want to consider starting with very small and realistic goals. Once these are achieved, you can increase the size and importance in a very slow steady way. Try to set goals that are reasonable and reachable given your current situation. Reaching these small goals and others thereafter will help you build up your self confidence and perhaps motivate you to achieve bigger goals. You can also break down your ultimate goal into mini-goals so that it doesn't seem quite so daunting. Again, the key is to start with accomplishing something small and work your way up to bigger tasks. Take your time with this process and work at your own pace. Casey ______________________________ The DC Support Team
16 years ago 0 172 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
goals, I feel like the England football team, always trying but not succeeding to achieve the amount of goals that i set. Its just another thing that I cant do. Another failure, not achieving the goals. I try to be realistic in setting the goals but its frustrating when 1st goal is to get up, shower and put on a bit of make up. When even that is a challenge how do we get further? My goal for tomorrow is to do just that and get into London to meet friends from overseas for lunch. They have come from a different country and i am struggling with the thought of driving a couple of hours. I feel pathetic and ridicules, Cant think of what to wear, (will they care) What if i cant get parked? All these stupid questions going around in my head just to do what used to be so easy i did it without thinking. Another goal before then is to sleep. now thats one I would really love to win. x
16 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think it's too late in my life to achieve anything worthwhile. There's just not enough time. That's the problem I have with goals. On the other hand, I'm getting really bored with "Make it through today."
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so frustrated right now! We are to talk of goals... we are set goals. We set goals where we work, with our kids, in our personal lives, with our relationships, with our education. I have way too many goals and now I'm overwhelmed with prioritizing each area of my life. It's like I need a serious time out everywhere I function just to put my goals in order and to know where I'm going. I need to develop a plan on how to get to where I want to go. But I just don't have any time!!!!!!

Reading this thread: