Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

College Student at a Crossroad

17 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think you should take less classes. Work on getting back into therapy and medication if you feel your depression has returned, which it seems like it has (or never really went away, based on your description of the last three years). It's much better to take time for yourself when you need it than have a major breakdown because you pushed far too hard, which is what happened to me.
18 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi janel, Sounds like you have a good plan in place - you know that you have to do what is best for you. Keep us posted as to how you are doing. Casey _____________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all. I'm a newbie here and am currently facing a dilemma with regard to college...and finishing "on time." (i.e., four years from my start date) Since I began, it's been a struggle to concentrate, complete tasks, be motivated enough to attend class, etc. and that was nearly three years ago. Fortunately, I've had some very understanding professors. However, I'm stumbling upon my last year, have a decent (enough) GPA but know that I could do a heckuva lot better...and should. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and knock out 36 hours between next fall and spring. (i.e., 18 hours each semester) Or, if I should do 9 hrs. for the fall, spring, summer, and fall '07 semesters. That way I wouldn't be so overwhelmed, could concentrate on a mere three classes at a time instead of six and all that that entails. I recently took a break mid-semester (i.e., withdrew from school) because it was all just too much. I haven't had psychotherapy since the fall of '04 and haven't been on meds (consistently) since that time either. I'd like to have this comprehensive treatment and all while working toward my degree. At my university, with special approval, one can be classified as a full-time student with only 9 hrs., so it looks like a good idea. However, I had my heart set on graduating in the spring of next year, though fewer courses would make life, itself, a whole lot easier. And I'm sure my GPA could improve. Law school, anyone? :) And as I even write about this now, I'm thinking, "You already know what you should do." ;) Any opinions, though? Thanks in advance.

Reading this thread: